A-Levels don't match up with uni course requirements..

Watch
bluetaetae_12
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I'm currently doing A-Levels in Biology, Maths and Geography, and while I was searching for undergraduate courses, I realised a lot of Biology/ Geography courses require Chemistry in their entry requirements? When choosing my A-Levels it never occurred to me that doing a Biology or Geography course required Chemistry too, because then, I would have to do 4 subjects throughout my A-Levels. Also because I don't want to do medicine and I suck at chemistry, I was like "what's the point of taking up chemistry too?" :")

Is there any way I can do the course without Chemistry or am I screwed..? ;D
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by bluetaetae_12)
So I'm currently doing A-Levels in Biology, Maths and Geography, and while I was searching for undergraduate courses, I realised a lot of Biology/ Geography courses require Chemistry in their entry requirements? When choosing my A-Levels it never occurred to me that doing a Biology or Geography course required Chemistry too, because then, I would have to do 4 subjects throughout my A-Levels. Also because I don't want to do medicine and I suck at chemistry, I was like "what's the point of taking up chemistry too?" :")

Is there any way I can do the course without Chemistry or am I screwed..? ;D
You need to research which courses don't have Chemistry have a prerequisite. Applying without would be a straight rejection and it sounds like it's not an option to take it during a gap year so, you don't really have much choice.
MarisaS
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
There should 100% be unis that has offers with no Chemistry, ypu just have to find them. I had a simillar problem when applying for Computer Science as it requires hight grades in Maths, and I suck at it and I was forced to find unis that dont require Maths.
Ramiya09
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
If you're considering straight Biology, your A-Levels are fine for:

Oxford,
Imperial,
St Andrews,
UCL

Aka 4/4 of the ones I checked.

I'm not sure why you think you need Chemistry, I couldn't find a single one that needs Chem as they only seem to ask for 2 sciences (which your Maths would cover.)
bluetaetae_12
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Ramiya09)
If you're considering straight Biology, your A-Levels are fine for:

Oxford,
Imperial,
St Andrews,
UCL

Aka 4/4 of the ones I checked.

I'm not sure why you think you need Chemistry, I couldn't find a single one that needs Chem as they only seem to ask for 2 sciences (which your Maths would cover.)
Ahh thank youu! I forgot what unis I looked at before but this is a lifesaver
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (12)
6.22%
October 2021 (95)
49.22%
November 2021 (20)
10.36%
December 2021 (29)
15.03%
January 2021 (15)
7.77%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (19)
9.84%