Zero motivation and 10 hours to write an essay HELP

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Buckle in for the story of a lifetime people. Something new and sensational that you've never heard of before.
A per the title yeah...little bit screwed and it's the middle of the night but hey!! Gonna use this to write little updates to help motivate myself to write this.
Anonymous #1
okay I think I've found an article which I can use to as evidence for my first paragraph
mood: stressed, relieved, feel like maybe I can do this
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
im here for you lol
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
im here for you lol
thank you cause this is gonna be a long night lmao
RachelRambo
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Love a good all-nighter from procrastinated work!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by RachelRambo)
Love a good all-nighter from procrastinated work!
yup feeling rlly overwhelmed rn but hey, if everyone else in first year can write this essay then I should be able to too 🤞
Anonymous #1
okay I've decided that I'm going to have to read loads of articles and sort them into different groups of ideas on a google doc.
I think the groups will be surrounding parenting but not sure what to split that into further as I probably need 3 chunky paragraphs.
Then I need to actually write the paragraphs.
I'm gonna chill for 10 mins and then get into finding lets say 6 more articles.
I feel scared but a little more in control.
Anonymous #1
currently eating mr kipling christmas cake bars in my break, I rate them 8/10, like pretty good but not as good as the regular mr kipling stuff
Anonymous #1
I'm rlly stressed lol
RachelRambo
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
currently eating mr kipling christmas cake bars in my break, I rate them 8/10, like pretty good but not as good as the regular mr kipling stuff
Snacks are a good shout. Currently living on chewing gum and mochas.
RachelRambo
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Honestly, same. I feel like I'm almost there yet so far from being finished at the same time. Good luck with the rest of your work.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by RachelRambo)
Honestly, same. I feel like I'm almost there yet so far from being finished at the same time. Good luck with the rest of your work.
thank you!! you too!
Anonymous #1
okay so my break lasted a bit too long 😬
hi ho hi ho, it's back to work I go lmao
Anonymous #1
okay, I've taken the key points out of the first article and put them on the google doc.
Only gotta do that 5 more times urghh
RachelRambo
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
You've got this!!
Anonymous #1
okay I've found a second relevant article so gonna try and sort through that now
Anonymous #1
look idk how I'm going to manage to do this in time but I feel an odd sense of calmness knowing that, at last, I am actually putting the work in.
Like it's difficult and I'm finding it hard to concentrate and keep motivated but damn, at least I'm trying
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
When you've finished/ not stressed to finish, can I ask what the essay is on? hope it went well
Anonymous #1
When you've finished/ not stressed to finish, can I ask what the essay is on? hope it went well
hi thank you!
It's a psychology essay (first essay for uni) and I'm doing it on how parenting styles and the environment children grow up in affects how much they participate in prosocial behaviour
I definitely have not finished yet but I'm just gonna slowly keep going and hopefully it works out. I think my deadline is in a few days time but it may be tomorrow so I'm trying to finish it by tomorrow just in case! (I've emailed to ask but it's uncertain rn and it's making me scared )
Anonymous #1
okay I've found two articles total so far and I alrwdayhad found one so yay, progress. It's going pretty slow though.
Gonna try and find another article and then I'm gonna have to have another break cause it's kinda overwhelming
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.81%
Note taking apps (6)
2.47%
Flashcards (46)
18.93%
Revision guides (15)
6.17%
Past papers (115)
47.33%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise