Child nursing personal statement

Watch
FStephen2004
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Ok so I’m writing my personal statement or we’ll finalising it and I wanted to know is it crucial to read a child nursing book, and if so what book would you recommend?
Tracey_W
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by FStephen2004)
Ok so I’m writing my personal statement or we’ll finalising it and I wanted to know is it crucial to read a child nursing book, and if so what book would you recommend?
Not necessary to read anything but you can if you chose to do so..
There's two that will be more useful to you.

The Royal Marsden Manual of Clinical Nursing Procedures, Student Edition, 10th Edition (Royal Marsden Manual Series)

Anatomy and Pyshiology by Ross & Wilson.

Once you start university if successful you'll get a list of what books will be best for you to read for children nursing.
The university will hopefully give you a list of free PDF downloads books plus you can borrow books from the university library or try any of your local council's libraries if open for those to.

Good luck with your application.

A NHS registered midwife.
~ Purple Rose ~
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by FStephen2004)
It's not necessarily essential, but it does help if you can show that you have done some relevant reading because it shows that you have a genuine interest in the career and understand what you are applying for.

You don't have to read a textbook or anything really heavy, as long as it is relevant and you can say what you got out of it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (30)
7.09%
October 2021 (194)
45.86%
November 2021 (44)
10.4%
December 2021 (56)
13.24%
January 2021 (46)
10.87%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (39)
9.22%