Tips to get 9s in GCSE?

Watch
AnimalLoverSimba
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi!
Currently in Year 11, and just received my results for the Biology mock. Asked teacher what was the minimum score to get a 9.
I was 3 marks away.
Anyways, any tips and websites will be very welcomed with hugs.
Note - I do Combined Science, and yes I do regret not taking triple...a lot.
Thanks for reading!
summerbirdreads
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Try Cognito's videos and website
bunsenburner92
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Sounds like typical advice, but it’s honestly just practice and applying your knowledge. The more you practice, the luckier you get!
tinyperson
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
For all topics in science etc. Try some different recommended revision techniques if possible. Make up some brief summary notes too. Try to use the popular colour coding technique as well. Do a few past exam papers. If you can, find a textbook and read it. Create a revision schedule.
abi786
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AnimalLoverSimba)
Hi!
Currently in Year 11, and just received my results for the Biology mock. Asked teacher what was the minimum score to get a 9.
I was 3 marks away.
Thanks for reading!
dont regret taking triple because its just slightly more than double science and a whole extra grade.
the website that honestly saved me was maths and physics tutor. it has all the sciences and other subjects and has flashcards, exam papers and exam style questions.
even though you should sure you have all the knowledge of he subject, the most important thing is exam questions because knowing the facts and answering the questions are two completely different things. just keep on practicing exam questions and mark them yourself because thats the way to actually actively revise and exam questions are mostly the same but rephrased.
hope this helps
AnimalLoverSimba
Rep:
(Original post by abi786)
dont regret taking triple because its just slightly more than double science and a whole extra grade.
the website that honestly saved me was maths and physics tutor. it has all the sciences and other subjects and has flashcards, exam papers and exam style questions.
even though you should sure you have all the knowledge of he subject, the most important thing is exam questions because knowing the facts and answering the questions are two completely different things. just keep on practicing exam questions and mark them yourself because thats the way to actually actively revise and exam questions are mostly the same but rephrased.
hope this helps
Thank you!!
integration4ever
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AnimalLoverSimba)
Hi!
I was 3 marks away.
Thanks for reading!
Hi there,
have a look at the website bytes of intelligence on google and visit their shop. they do some really useful gcse resources.
lattae :p
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by abi786)
hope this helps
Oh yeah I'm a triple science student and we do tend to have extra subtopics but some of the things that help me a lot is revising off of mark scheme especially for AQA Science because omg the mark scheme is very specific so revising keywords in the mark scheme sometimes help.

I would say that watching YouTube channels such as Cognito, FreeScienceLessons, Amoeba Sisters help me as well to revise over key stuff
AnimalLoverSimba
Rep:
(Original post by lattae :p)
Oh yeah I'm a triple science student and we do tend to have extra subtopics but some of the things that help me a lot is revising off of mark scheme especially for AQA Science because omg the mark scheme is very specific so revising keywords in the mark scheme sometimes help.

I would say that watching YouTube channels such as Cognito, FreeScienceLessons, Amoeba Sisters help me as well to revise over key stuff
Thank you!
AnimalLoverSimba
Rep:
(Original post by integration4ever)
Hi there,
have a look at the website bytes of intelligence on google and visit their shop. they do some really useful gcse resources.
Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
6.37%
October 2021 (254)
44.96%
November 2021 (67)
11.86%
December 2021 (71)
12.57%
January 2021 (73)
12.92%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (46)
8.14%