Edinburgh or St Andrews for Biology?

Watch this thread
Bex.:)
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hiya,
I currently have an offer from St Andrews for Biology, and I have also applied to Edinburgh (this is the last university that I am waiting to hear from). I'm not too sure which one to pick as my insurance choice (if I end up with an offer from Edinburgh too).

I have looked at some league tables, and initially thought that St Andrews would be the best one to pick as it seems to be more prestigious? However, when talking to a peer, I was told that Edinburgh is better for Biology, even though it is below St Andrews on some Biology league tables.

Does anyone have any thoughts or advice on this?

Thank you in advance
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
How to Choose Firm and Insurance - read it all - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...urance-choices
And btw, you do not have to make this decision for MONTHS.
mike23mike
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Look at the course content for both unis - no use studying at that uni if the topics to be covered are not of interest to you. Both are top unis so you are in a safe place whichever one you choose.
Fruity Girl
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Can you go to offer days? Both are good unis - once you have offers for both you should receive email log ins inviting you to offer days. Going to the offer day and experiencing the lectures and getting to meet the staff will probably make the decision easy. It's about the place and about which is the best fit for you.
username5801834
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
I think a big considering should also be where you want to study - as in the town of St Andrews or the city of Edinburgh. They are very different places.

I go to St Andrews and compared to a city, there isn't much to do. Some people would find this boring, others are happy with it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (94)
20.13%
The paper was reasonable (179)
38.33%
Not feeling great about that exam... (119)
25.48%
It was TERRIBLE (75)
16.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise