The Student Room Group

Drooling a lot - don't want botox what else?

I take a medication that increases saliva and as a consequence it keeps escaping my mouth and getting everywhere.

People I know have a hard time understanding me when I talk and I wake up with a drenched pillow everynight.

What can I do about this? It's gross, especially in the morning when I keep drooling down my hoody.
Can you make any dietary changes to try help reduce your saliva production?
Increasing your consumption of beans, brown rice, ginger, grape juice, lentils, sage, salted nuts, oats, wholegrain breads and fibre rich items.
Restricting consumption of sugary foods & drinks, very sour foods & drinks, dairy desserts, sweets and icing sugar.
Very sour items like citrus fruits, fermented vegetables, greek yogurt, foods containing vinegar and tamarind.
Good luck!
Have you spoken to your doctor about medication for this? I know someone who had an issue with drooling after a stroke and they were using atropine drops with good effect (they are actually eye drops but can be used for salivation as well), so it doesn't necessarily have to be tablets if you are not keen on taking more of those.

Quick Reply

Latest