GYG Blog from an Aspiring Medicine applicant

Watch
MundoMonkey
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
This is a blog
Advertisement
MundoMonkey
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Currently studying the following GCSEs: Eng Lang, Lit, Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, French, History and Music. Decided to start this as I have mocks starting after the Christmas Holidays. Don't currently have a timetable scheduled for revision but I'll get that sorted soon.

Priority subjects include the Sciences and Maths as for my A levels, I plan to take Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics. Currently feeling a slump and bogged down by homework so I'll have a short session of exercise. I usually prefer body-weight exercises as they help me release muscle tension from a rather sedentary lifestyle.
MundoMonkey
Rep:
Final week before the end of term, and I have 2 (possibly 3) upcoming tests and one of them is a full fledged GCSE paper (Chemistry Paper 2). It's pretty late into a Sunday evening and realistically, I'll probably manage roughly 2 hours maximum and I plan to weight more than half of this revision time into Chemistry as that's of the utmost importance given that it's basically a mock. I can afford to have a relatively sub-par performance on Physics as it's merely a topic test which can be improved upon very quickly. As they're the most helpful, I plan on using practice questions. The upcoming week demands a lot of work so I expect my sessions to be highly sporadic and more frequent than usual. Time-blocking and scheduling will help the most. I must also be mindful of burnout.
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (36)
21.95%
Note taking apps (5)
3.05%
Flashcards (29)
17.68%
Revision guides (5)
3.05%
Past papers (83)
50.61%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (6)
3.66%

Watched Threads