tilly_naomi
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What is uni life like at Lancaster uni, social-wise and what’s the clubbing scene?! )
Lancaster University
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by tilly_naomi)
What is uni life like at Lancaster uni, social-wise and what’s the clubbing scene?! )
Hi tilly_naomi,

I can only talk from my perspective but I would say Lancaster University has a relaxed university life. Everything university related is located on one campus, which is outside the city. This makes the university feel very much like a student city. Most people on campus are students of a similar age, giving it a feel of comfort.

Social-wise, there are many societies (around 230) to dapple in, all with a range of people and social lives. The collegiate setup of the university allows you to make friends with your coursemates whilst making friends with your housemates who are on a range of courses, providing you with the best chance to meet new people and get to know as many as possible.

In terms of places to go, there are 8 bars across campus you can to, all associated with a college, but you don't have to remain in only your college area, providing you with the opportunity to mix across colleges too. There are also plenty of places to eat and drink in town, and the city is a lovely place to walk around, and in close proximity to Morecambe, Manchester, Edinburgh, the Lake District and Preston. Providing you with the option to go further afield.

The clubbing scene is not as broad as a city university, but is good with two main clubs and a smattering of smaller ones, alongside the pubs as well. But the positioning of Lancaster gives you the option to travel if you wanted more options for a night out.
There is a good mix of students here, with a good number coming here with the impression that it is a quieter university, which Lancaster definitely has the potential to be (if you want that), but there is definitely a large proportion who are looking for the classic university life with drink and clubbing playing a big role in their social life.

Hope this helps,
Jake (third year at Lancaster University)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
6.82%
October 2021 (237)
44.89%
November 2021 (63)
11.93%
December 2021 (67)
12.69%
January 2021 (65)
12.31%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (44)
8.33%