is transferring uni easy?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
just a brief explanation about the situation..
i’m currently on a foundation course at a uni i wont name but i really want to do the rest of my degree at northumbria. the uni is nice but the accommodation isn’t great and the city isn’t very nice. i’ve also had problem after problem with the uni. i’ve also had some not great experiences with other students and it makes me feel uncomfortable and unsafe on campus now.

has anyone transferred in this situation?
how do i even begin the process?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
It’s not easy but it’s not impossible either.

You need to apply through UCAS as an individual applicant. Listing your current foundation year and your pre-university qualifications in the education section. You’ll also need to arrange with your university tutor to get a reference added to your ucas application asap.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I transferred to a different university after 1st year. The process is a bit long, I suggest you arrange a meeting with your personal tutor ASAP letting them know that you want to transfer. My tutor was really helpful and got my withdrawal from the university processed. You also will need to make a new ucas application, meaning you will need to write a new personal statement for the course you wish to change to. You will also need a reference from your personal tutor.
Lovemusicsimple
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
just a brief explanation about the situation..
i’m currently on a foundation course at a uni i wont name but i really want to do the rest of my degree at northumbria. the uni is nice but the accommodation isn’t great and the city isn’t very nice. i’ve also had problem after problem with the uni. i’ve also had some not great experiences with other students and it makes me feel uncomfortable and unsafe on campus now.

has anyone transferred in this situation?
how do i even begin the process?
Hi
I’m also applying for a foundation year….can I ask was the uni in the north. I live in London and reluctant to go north but have applied to unis there. You can private message me as I’d love to know…if only for knowledge.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Lovemusicsimple)
Hi
I’m also applying for a foundation year….can I ask was the uni in the north. I live in London and reluctant to go north but have applied to unis there. You can private message me as I’d love to know…if only for knowledge.
yes! it was sunderland but as far as i know most of the northern universities are really good and the living is so much cheaper. just make sure you do all your research
Lovemusicsimple
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
yes! it was sunderland but as far as i know most of the northern universities are really good and the living is so much cheaper. just make sure you do all your research
Oh ok, I’m choosing Liverpool and doing maths foundation. Which foundation did you choose.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (11)
6.11%
October 2021 (87)
48.33%
November 2021 (17)
9.44%
December 2021 (29)
16.11%
January 2021 (15)
8.33%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (18)
10%