The Student Room Group

Portfolio advice (Reapplying for architecture because its what i want) :)))))

So I'm reapplying for the bartlett, and this time round(I'm 18) I have a gist of the interview process etc and am trying a bit more of a philosophical approach to it all.

I have created a full portfolio of many sculptures, paintings and collages. Avoiding the inclusion of work from my architectural design project this time around.

**What do interviewers look for when assessing a portfolio for architecture?

Many of my pieces are conceptual and have very close meaning to me, but the thing I lack is that I don't have high-skilled drawings and paintings, for example of faces or buildings etc. That show great ability. I think my ability is to think.

Much of the work is centred around literature, philosophy, spirituality, and relationships.

**Do you think I should include art of higher skill or should I stick with what I have already?

Moreover, I know that interviewers often seek candidates with spatial awareness.

**What is spatial awareness? How can I convey it?

Many of my sculptures make use of 3D and 2D space, but is there particular artistic skills that allow me to demonstrate spatial awareness?

Thanks so much for your help guys.
Boost
Reply 3
hi im applying for architecture and I've been asked to submit a digital portfolio so idk what software to use to create this
Original post by umarc30
hi im applying for architecture and I've been asked to submit a digital portfolio so idk what software to use to create this

Unless he was asked to use a specific platform like Carbonmade or Blogger, my son created most of his portfolios in powerpoint. He included a cover page with his name, UCAS id and a list of contents. The powerpoint can then be converted to a pdf for those unis that require this format or limit the file size that can be submitted.
Original post by umarc30

I’m using PowerPoint since it’s very easy to use
Reply 6
thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending