how do i tell my teacher i’m dropping their alevel?

Watch
harrioot
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i’ve decided to drop chemistry alevel and need to tell my teacher tomorrow but i’m really struggling with how to tell him. when someone else in my class dropped chem he was very annoyed (understandably) but i was wondering if anyone had any tips so that the conversation ends on a positive note (since i’ll see him around school a lot and honestly am not leaving because of him- i just can’t do the subject anymore)
mk_dreamer24
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
are you taking 4 subjects? you could say you only want 3 for example.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
When I dropped out of one of my A-Levels, I didn't tell the teacher, I just arranged it via my head of 6th form. It was only a couple of weeks into starting the course though so they hadn't really gotten to know me yet.

Could you maybe email them, would that be easier? You could email to say thank you to them for teaching you and to say that they enjoyed your time in their lessons but due to changes in your circumstances (you could specify a reason, e.g.change in your career plans meaning that you need to do another subject instead, or that you are feeling stressed with the number of subjects you are doing and your other subjects are more suited to your chosen uni course), you have decided that you want to drop their subject.
Last edited by black tea; 1 month ago
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
He really had no reason to be angry with someone for dropping out.
He gets paid regardless. What does he have to be angry about?

Just tell him. If he gets angry, ask him why he's angry. It's not affecting his life after all.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by harrioot)
i’ve decided to drop chemistry alevel and need to tell my teacher tomorrow but i’m really struggling with how to tell him. when someone else in my class dropped chem he was very annoyed (understandably) but i was wondering if anyone had any tips so that the conversation ends on a positive note (since i’ll see him around school a lot and honestly am not leaving because of him- i just can’t do the subject anymore)
Can you organise dropping the subject with the school so that you don't have to tell him yourself?
If you are currently doing 4 and are dropping down to 3, then i you do have to speak to him then you could use that as an excuse.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (39)
22.81%
Note taking apps (5)
2.92%
Flashcards (31)
18.13%
Revision guides (5)
2.92%
Past papers (85)
49.71%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (6)
3.51%

Watched Threads