Explain your A level subjects (FOR PROSPECTIVE SIXTH FORMERS)

Watch
bulbethaur
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What was the content like? What kind of person would like your subject? How did you find the exam/coursework style?
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I tutor biology currently... so I guess I can talk on the content? The content is definitely something that is very in depth in comparison to GCSE. But it all interlinks in an amazing way... not just with GCSE but with other topics in the course. There are a lot of light bulb moments and this makes everything more interesting. If you liked the subject at gcse, then chances are that you’ll like it even more at A level.. but the only caveat I’d say that comes with biology would have to be the exams. It’s interesting to learn but the exams can be a pain, due to how highly specific the mark schemes can be. You can lose marks for not being clear enough on your answers even though you understand the concept, but it definitely is manageable once you familiarise yourself with how you should phrase your answers. The only way would be by just mastering exam technique... as it’s heavily important. But yeah man, that’s about it.
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.37%
Note taking apps (6)
2.42%
Flashcards (49)
19.76%
Revision guides (15)
6.05%
Past papers (117)
47.18%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.23%

Watched Threads