Will Everton get relegated in 2021/22?

Watch
Poll: Will Everton get relegated this season?
Yes (2)
20%
No (8)
80%
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Everton haven't won in their past 8 matches, and are only 5 points above relegation zone. Will they get relegated this season? Or they can turn it around?
mondays child
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I cannot see Newcastle, Norwich, Leeds and Burnley finishing above Everton, so no.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
No, the teams below are worse and at least three of them will end up at the bottom of the table.
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
They had a decent start but then had loads of injuries to key players. I think they are able to spend again in January (couldn't in summer due to FFP) and then Rafa will probably string some wins together after new players/back from injury.

Although he will probably get sacked soon too.
jc2000_
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Demarai Gray says no
sr90
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Zerforax)
They had a decent start but then had loads of injuries to key players. I think they are able to spend again in January (couldn't in summer due to FFP) and then Rafa will probably string some wins together after new players/back from injury.

Although he will probably get sacked soon too.
Think people forget they've lost a lot of creativity with James and Sigurdsson both gone (for very different reasons) as well as their main goalscorer DCL being injured for almost the entire season. Reckon they finish between 10th and 14th.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I can but dream
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sr90)
Think people forget they've lost a lot of creativity with James and Sigurdsson both gone (for very different reasons) as well as their main goalscorer DCL being injured for almost the entire season. Reckon they finish between 10th and 14th.
Yea I think DCL and other injuries like Mina have really hurt them.
Tnevo
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
They haven't been able to adapt to the DCL injury. I think they need to move Ben Godrfrey to Dm as he doesn't have the defensive knowledge to play as a cb. They have enough quality to stay up but I feel like they will end up 16th or 17th.
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Benitez is getting more control. It's the injuries that have really held them back, and the underperformers like Coleman and Gomes.
Tnevo
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by HotIronOnEar)
Benitez is getting more control. It's the injuries that have really held them back, and the underperformers like Coleman and Gomes.
Out of all the teams I've watched this season, I've always felt that Everton looked one of the worst ( disregarding Norwich etc) and it's been exploited now some of their big players aren't performing or are injured.
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Tnevo)
Out of all the teams I've watched this season, I've always felt that Everton looked one of the worst ( disregarding Norwich etc) and it's been exploited now some of their big players aren't performing or are injured.
Yeah, noticeable lack of chemistry and defensive awareness.
Tnevo
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by HotIronOnEar)
Yeah, noticeable lack of chemistry and defensive awareness.
100%. I think some players are letting you down but I think some players aren't working well together at all.
Melancholy
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Not when you have Norwich, Burnley, Watford, Leeds, Brentford and Southampton. Newcastle is a unpredictable at the moment - every chance they might do a ‘sneaky sneaky’ out of the relegation zone given their performance against Man Utd and whatever happens during the transfer window.

Everton have their issues, but then most supporters will say the same about their team when they’re in the bottom half of the table.
Last edited by Melancholy; 2 weeks ago
Rep:
Report Thread starter 27 minutes ago
Everton has just sacked their manager and they sit 16th. Do you think they will go down?
sufys12
Rep:
Report 1 minute ago
(Original post by 8013)
Everton has just sacked their manager and they sit 16th. Do you think they will go down?
No, their squad is too strong. Burnley, Newcastle, Norwich, Watford are much worse (I know Norwich just beat them but it's still true). Rafa was unfortunate with injuries, imagine having to use Salomon Rondon, who just came back from China, instead of Richarlison , Calvert-Lewin... it's unlucky.
Eventually they'll recover from injuries and have a good end to the season I think.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (56)
12.33%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (8)
1.76%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (122)
26.87%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (41)
9.03%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (212)
46.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
3.3%

Watched Threads