How should Britain react to Omicron?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
HK:
New cases today: 140
😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬
OHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
"Please stop holding any gatherings which cross families."
My family: No going out apart for essentials. Finish your stuff ASAP and rush home!

UK:
New cases today: Above 70k
All right, let's relax the rules.
Original post by 8013
HK:
My family: No going out apart for essentials. Finish your stuff ASAP and rush home!

UK:

Two different ends of the spectrum in their response but I would rather be in the UK and follow our approach tbh.

I don't think HK will be able to contain Omicron no matter how hard they try.
Original post by 8013
HK:

UK:

Hong Kong, is under huge political pressure from Beijing which is still pursuing a zero covid policy.

The UK virology experts who are informing the government believe the evidence indicates covid is an endemic virus, we are stuck with indefinitely, & 97% of UK adults have antibodies of some kind. UK policy has never been about preventing the spread of covid, only to manage pressure on the public health system.
Original post by mnot
Hong Kong, is under huge political pressure from Beijing which is still pursuing a zero covid policy.

The UK virology experts who are informing the government believe the evidence indicates covid is an endemic virus, we are stuck with indefinitely, & 97% of UK adults have antibodies of some kind. UK policy has never been about preventing the spread of covid, only to manage pressure on the public health system.

This. You're always spitting the facts in threads without fail.
Reply 84
Original post by mnot

Well, and top humor the population bit to not make them entirely hated, the number of u-turns done for reasons solely on political expediency being quite impressive.
Original post by Napp
But legal ones are totally cool? If you're going to be racist, at least make it slightly more subtle.. saying brown people have diseases is really old hat.

Thanks for your comment but calling me a racist is uncecessary. I'm sure you may get a lot of pleasure and satisfaction by calling me one, just to take the moral highground, but I think you took my comment in the wrong way.

What my comment is really saying is that, whilst many people in Britain couldn't visit their families because we were all locked down in our homes, illegal migrants were just turning up at Dover. So whilst we were locked down it really made no difference at all because there were all these people running around the country and being put in hotels that were spread around the uk. (for example Scarborough)
Reply 86
HK New cases:
6 days ago: 109
5 days ago: 124
4 days ago: 107
3 days ago: 164
2 days ago: 115
Yesterday: 120

HK expert: Be very careful when going out in the next three months.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending