How to integrate myself with the more popular girls in my year?

Watch
jlauren26
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Basically the title, for context i am worried that they think i'm annoying and that i made a terrible first impression as i've casually known them for years but this is the first time i've actually tried to make friends with them - i used to be pretty antisocial.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Why not integrate yourself with the caring, friendly people? The fact that you describe them only as 'popular' says a lot about you...
Ramiya09
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jlauren26)
Basically the title, for context i am worried that they think i'm annoying and that i made a terrible first impression as i've casually known them for years but this is the first time i've actually tried to make friends with them - i used to be pretty antisocial.
Alright, ignore the reply the first person gave. People on TSR tend to be quite judgemental (see above) so here might not be the best place to ask. If you want to be integrated with them more honestly, the best thing to do is make yourself look 'prettier' by taking more care of your hair, skin, outfits etc --> People want to be surrounded by those 'physically attractive' psychologically, and hence that contributes to the 'popular group' stereotype. Next, you wanna be loud if possible --> If you're quiet and nice, you might be liked but you won't be part of the group, so be yourself and be loud wherever possible --> I don't mean obnoxious, but like, speak quite a bit in the conversation and don't 'submit' to them so to speak

Good luck w it <3
0ptics
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ramiya09)
People on TSR tend to be quite judgemental (see above) so here might not be the best place to ask.
I agree with all of this but I disagree with the example that you gave to justify that. What they said is genuinely good advice and their judgement is valid.
Surnia
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ramiya09)
Alright, ignore the reply the first person gave. People on TSR tend to be quite judgemental (see above) so here might not be the best place to ask. If you want to be integrated with them more honestly, the best thing to do is make yourself look 'prettier' by taking more care of your hair, skin, outfits etc --> People want to be surrounded by those 'physically attractive' psychologically, and hence that contributes to the 'popular group' stereotype. Next, you wanna be loud if possible --> If you're quiet and nice, you might be liked but you won't be part of the group, so be yourself and be loud wherever possible --> I don't mean obnoxious, but like, speak quite a bit in the conversation and don't 'submit' to them so to speak

Good luck w it <3
Aren't you being judgemental by equating prettiness with popularity?

You can look stunning, but still be a *****...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (65)
12.45%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.72%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (135)
25.86%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (43)
8.24%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (252)
48.28%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.45%

Watched Threads