Should guys move on if there’s no kiss after 3 dates

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
If you’ve been on 3 dates with a girl and have had no physical contact other than hugging, is it time to move on?
E.betts1999
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
If you’ve been on 3 dates with a girl and have had no physical contact other than hugging, is it time to move on?
absolutely not, maybe she doesn’t want to jump straight in the bed with you, as it’s only been 3 dates. She’s waiting to get to know you more, and to know your intentions. Don’t make her feel bad for not wanting to either, and don’t rush anyone. She’s not obliged to give you physical contact, you should feel lucky that she’s even trusting you enough to get that close to you for a hug. It will happen naturally
Anonymous #1
(Original post by E.betts1999)
absolutely not, maybe she doesn’t want to jump straight in the bed with you, as it’s only been 3 dates. She’s waiting to get to know you more, and to know your intentions. Don’t make her feel bad for not wanting to either, and don’t rush anyone. She’s not obliged to give you physical contact, you should feel lucky that she’s even trusting you enough to get that close to you for a hug. It will happen naturally
There’s no obligation or making her feel bad. And there’s no feeling lucky either. And Physical contact doesn’t mean bed. Relationships are a 2 way thing.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
do lots of people kiss by the 3rd date? I thought most people wouldn't kiss until like a month, at least, since they started dating? sorry I have no experience in relationships lol. But no kiss by the 3rd date doesn't sound like a problem to me. Some people might not feel comfortable yet so pls take your time and hold on (if the dates are going well)
Anonymous #1
do lots of people kiss by the 3rd date? I thought most people wouldn't kiss until like a month, at least, since they started dating? sorry I have no experience in relationships lol. But no kiss by the 3rd date doesn't sound like a problem to me. Some people might not feel comfortable yet so pls take your time and hold on (if the dates are going well)
I think most people do kiss within 3 dates. Otherwise it just becomes like a friendship.
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
If you're enjoying the dates then I don't see why. Lots of people have anxieties about intimacy or their personal space, so I'm not sure why you'd bin someone if things were otherwise going well.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Admit-One)
If you're enjoying the dates then I don't see why. Lots of people have anxieties about intimacy or their personal space, so I'm not sure why you'd bin someone if things were otherwise going well.
Because otherwise they just become another opposite gender friend?
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Because otherwise they just become another opposite gender friend?
After 3 dates? No, there's no arbitrary timescale for these things.
LittleBear04
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Not necessarily, me and my partner didn't have a first kiss until at least 10th date. We wanted to take things slow. Everybody is different so don't sweat.
mondays child
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
In these times of Covid 19, perhaps take a different view than you normally would.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by LittleBear04)
Not necessarily, me and my partner didn't have a first kiss until at least 10th date. We wanted to take things slow. Everybody is different so don't sweat.
I think I depends on your age?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Admit-One)
After 3 dates? No, there's no arbitrary timescale for these things.
(Original post by mondays child)
In these times of Covid 19, perhaps take a different view than you normally would.
Well any close contact including dating is a risk. Whether it involves hand holding, I can’t imagine would make a significant difference if you’re spending time near each other indoors.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.81%
Note taking apps (6)
2.47%
Flashcards (46)
18.93%
Revision guides (15)
6.17%
Past papers (115)
47.33%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.29%

Watched Threads