Poly relationship

Watch
Bbunnie2112
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I am in a poly relationship and I have two boyfriends a cisgender male(g) and a FTM male me(j). Me and j’s relationship is very meaningful we talk about everything with each other. But me a g have a different relationship we don’t really talk about anything, and when I try to talk to him about how I feel he laughs it off and makes a sexual joke. He is also very controlling he doesn’t really want me around anyone and he also gets made at me for everything. And I’m not sure what to do I’ve thought of breaking up with g but I don’t want to lose j. I could really use some advice.
squirrelmonkey12
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bbunnie2112)
So I am in a poly relationship and I have two boyfriends a cisgender male(g) and a FTM male me(j). Me and j’s relationship is very meaningful we talk about everything with each other. But me a g have a different relationship we don’t really talk about anything, and when I try to talk to him about how I feel he laughs it off and makes a sexual joke. He is also very controlling he doesn’t really want me around anyone and he also gets made at me for everything. And I’m not sure what to do I’ve thought of breaking up with g but I don’t want to lose j. I could really use some advice.
Communication is really important for any relationship. Maybe talk to g and f (separately or together, whatever's easier when discussing something like this) and tell them how you feel? It could be that they feel the same way? And if they don't, g might have a reason why they don't like talking about something sensitive and by talking, you'll all be able to understand why?
If I can ask, how long have you all been together? Is g laughing things a fairy new/old thing?
Bbunnie2112
Rep:
(Original post by squirrelmonkey12)
Communication is really important for any relationship. Maybe talk to g and f (separately or together, whatever's easier when discussing something like this) and tell them how you feel? It could be that they feel the same way? And if they don't, g might have a reason why they don't like talking about something sensitive and by talking, you'll all be able to understand why?
If I can ask, how long have you all been together? Is g laughing things a fairy new/old thing?
We have been together for three months but j and g have been together four months. I was brought into the relationship a little later. And g just kinda laughs of anything wether it be a new or old problem and most old problems never got talked about because I’ll try and talk about it and g gets mad and storms of then the conversation is never brought back up.
summerbirdreads
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Err... what? Does the boyfriends know about each other? and are they dating as well? why do you want two?
Bbunnie2112
Rep:
(Original post by summerbirdreads)
Err... what? Does the boyfriends know about each other? and are they dating as well? why do you want two?
Yes they know each other yes they are dating as well and it’s not a matter of wanting both I’m just with both
summerbirdreads
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yes they know each other yes they are dating as well and it’s not a matter of wanting both I’m just with both
Why do you want to be with both of them? can't you just break up with the possessive one?
Bbunnie2112
Rep:
(Original post by summerbirdreads)
Why do you want to be with both of them? can't you just break up with the possessive one?
It’s not a matter of wanting both of them. And yes in theory I could brake up with him but I don’t know if that’s what’s best
squirrelmonkey12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
We have been together for three months but j and g have been together four months. I was brought into the relationship a little later. And g just kinda laughs of anything wether it be a new or old problem and most old problems never got talked about because I’ll try and talk about it and g gets mad and storms of then the conversation is never brought back up.
Ah yeah, there's always problems in the first few months of a relationship when you're working out each other's boundaries and finding out more about each other :-) Sounds like communicating is difficult though with g storming off...maybe talk to j about it and see what they think? Are you usually quite open with each other?
Bbunnie2112
Rep:
Ah yeah, there's always problems in the first few months of a relationship when you're working out each other's boundaries and finding out more about each other :-) Sounds like communicating is difficult though with g storming off...maybe talk to j about it and see what they think? Are you usually quite open with each other?
We try to be open about everything
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
i don't get it, why would you lose j if you only break up with g?
squirrelmonkey12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
We try to be open about everything
Ok! Try talking to j about how you feel? Or maybe go talk to g and try to approach them about it and maybe ask if there's a reason why they don't want to talk? :-)
Bbunnie2112
Rep:
Ok! Try talking to j about how you feel? Or maybe go talk to g and try to approach them about it and maybe ask if there's a reason why they don't want to talk? :-)
I really do appreciate the help thank you I’ll try and see what happens
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.72%
Note taking apps (6)
2.46%
Flashcards (47)
19.26%
Revision guides (15)
6.15%
Past papers (115)
47.13%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.28%

Watched Threads