Any university recommendations?

Watch
alevelaqyestion
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello,
I’m currently studying my Upper Sixth year and I’m planning on applying to universities around January. I want to study Business Management (preferably with entrepreneurship) and my predicted grades are A*AB. I’m applying to;
1) City, University of London
2) Queen Mary University
3) ????
4) Royal Holloway University (safe option)
5) Westminster University (safe option)

Any ideas that I can put as my 3rd option? Preferably in London. All replies would be appricated, Thanks
Pearson Business School Rep
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by alevelaqyestion)
Hello,
I’m currently studying my Upper Sixth year and I’m planning on applying to universities around January. I want to study Business Management (preferably with entrepreneurship) and my predicted grades are A*AB. I’m applying to;
2) Queen Mary University
3) ????

Any ideas that I can put as my 3rd option? Preferably in London. All replies would be appricated, Thanks
Hello,

I hope you are doing well. I highly recommend our university, Pearson College London.
Here is our website: https://www.pearsoncollegelondon.ac.uk/

Our university definitely fits all your requirements. We are a London based uni and we offer these business courses:
BA (Hons) Business Management
BA (Hons) Business Management with Marketing
BA (Hons) Business Management with Finance
BA (Hons) Business Management with Entrepreneurship

Pearson Business School is definitely unlike other universities; we are part of Pearson, a FTSE 100 company. We are immersed in real business which means an industry-focused education for students. You are also provided with valuable internship opportunities and roles while studying.

I hope you find what you are looking for.
Goodluck.

P.S. We are 'one of the top 20 institutions in the UK for graduate employability.'
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
This is the recomendation for your 5 choices :
1 'risky' choice - just above your predicted grades (one grade and not in a vital subject)
2 or 3 - at your predicted grades
1 or 2 - below your predicted grade

Mid-range suggestions are
Sussex (50 mins from Vicroria by train) https://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/under...nt-studies-bsc
Portsmouth (similar) - https://www.port.ac.uk/study/courses...and-management
User0909
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hello,
2) Queen Mary University
3) ????

Brunel university? They do a really great looking Entrepreneurship and Innovation degree there, I’m currently in my first year at college and during my research on places I want to apply for this degree really caught my eye. Maybe you would be interested in it too??
thatguyme
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hello,
2) Queen Mary University
3) ????

KCL 100% would give you an offer with those predicteds I reckon so tbh if I were you I'd apply there and have City or QMUL as your insurance. Plus if you are eligible for the contextual offer you only need AAB rather than A*AA not to mention the fact that KCL has many many students as its a massive uni so even if you fall short by one or two grades, you'll probably get in still.
alevelaqyestion
Rep:
(Original post by thatguyme)
KCL 100% would give you an offer with those predicteds I reckon so tbh if I were you I'd apply there and have City or QMUL as your insurance. Plus if you are eligible for the contextual offer you only need AAB rather than A*AA not to mention the fact that KCL has many many students as its a massive uni so even if you fall short by one or two grades, you'll probably get in still.
Thank you so much for you answer, but I had a question in advance. In the English Language requirement page, it mentions that they need an IELTS score of 7.0 with minimmum 6.5 in each section. I got a 7.0 in my recent IELTS with everything above a 6.5, except my writing which is a 6, do you think this would cause any problems?
thatguyme
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Thank you so much for you answer, but I had a question in advance. In the English Language requirement page, it mentions that they need an IELTS score of 7.0 with minimmum 6.5 in each section. I got a 7.0 in my recent IELTS with everything above a 6.5, except my writing which is a 6, do you think this would cause any problems?
Hi, it won't. Trust me, you'll get an offer with those grades and they are better than all your current options. Apply there.
alevelaqyestion
Rep:
thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (12)
6.56%
October 2021 (88)
48.09%
November 2021 (18)
9.84%
December 2021 (29)
15.85%
January 2021 (15)
8.2%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (18)
9.84%