Nafeesah hussain
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've gotten a 4-3 for my gcse combined science and I'm currently applying for universities that require a 4 or above. What grade is a 4-3, as Google is telling me its either a separate grade (4 and a 3) or i have gotten between a grade 3-4. Will universities accept me into the course ?
I want to do a primary education course
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Two separate grades. However, the university normally requires two individual grades to be met... so like 4-4.. for example. Double check the requirements for the university.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Nafeesah hussain)
I've gotten a 4-3 for my gcse combined science and I'm currently applying for universities that require a 4 or above. What grade is a 4-3, as Google is telling me its either a separate grade (4 and a 3) or i have gotten between a grade 3-4. Will universities accept me into the course ?
I want to do a primary education course
I'd email a couple of the unis to see what they have to say. At least then you will get a deffinite answer.
Nafeesah hussain
Rep:
(Original post by GGGG_GayUnit)
asap
The universities require a 4-4 as it states on their website and I havent gotten that grade
Nafeesah hussain
Rep:
(Original post by Emma:-))
I'd email a couple of the unis to see what they have to say. At least then you will get a deffinite answer.
The university's require a 4-4
CoochieMan
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
The universities require a 4-4 as it states on their website and I havent gotten that grade
Then you can't apply to those universities
Nafeesah hussain
Rep:
(Original post by CoochieMan)
Then you can't apply to those universities
All universities want those grades
CoochieMan
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Can't you resit?
EOData
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
You could re-sit. The entry deadline for the Summer is mid February.
Ella.smith._x
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Did you do a levels? wouldn’t they look more at those grades?
EOData
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ella.smith._x)
For primary Ed you have to have a pass in Maths, English and science GCSEs https://www.ucas.com/postgraduate/te...ements-england
Last edited by EOData; 1 month ago
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
These are strict requirements, not 'nice to have'.
If you apply without the right grades, you will get a swift rejection.
Nafeesah hussain
Rep:
(Original post by Ella.smith._x)
Yeah But they also look at my gcse's. I only failed science
Nafeesah hussain
Rep:
(Original post by McGinger)
These are strict requirements, not 'nice to have'.
If you apply without the right grades, you will get a swift rejection.
So what am I supposed to do now ?
Nafeesah hussain
Rep:
(Original post by EOData)
You could re-sit. The entry deadline for the Summer is mid February.
I don't necessarily want to resit as I'll have to do another year in college or another year in university
EIL3EN
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I don't necessarily want to resit as I'll have to do another year in college or another year in university
If you require a higher grade than the one you currently have you have to resit.
Nafeesah hussain
Rep:
(Original post by EIL3EN)
If you require a higher grade than the one you currently have you have to resit.
Oh okay, what about clearance?
EIL3EN
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Oh okay, what about clearance?
I don't think that would work for Primary Education because the science grade is a government requirement as far as I am aware.
EOData
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by EIL3EN)
I don't think that would work for Primary Education because the science grade is a government requirement as far as I am aware.
I think the government requirement is only for a pass in science. The OP has a pass, i.e. a 4, so in principle I think universities could accept him.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.72%
Note taking apps (6)
2.46%
Flashcards (47)
19.26%
Revision guides (15)
6.15%
Past papers (115)
47.13%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.28%

Watched Threads