Sixth form wont give me predicted grade for new a level im taking in gap year -help

Watch
jayssheven
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Unfortunately the summer of this year I wasn't given my expected tag grades and I thought I would resit 1 of my a levels in the 2022 exams and pick a new a level up - business studies.However, I've contacted my sixth form and they've said they cannot give out new predicted grades as I'm not registered to the school anymore.They said they would give me my original ucas predicted grade for the subject I'm sitting but not the new one.I have no clue idea what to do, any clues?
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jayssheven)
Unfortunately the summer of this year I wasn't given my expected tag grades and I thought I would resit 1 of my a levels in the 2022 exams and pick a new a level up - business studies.However, I've contacted my sixth form and they've said they cannot give out new predicted grades as I'm not registered to the school anymore.They said they would give me my original ucas predicted grade for the subject I'm sitting but not the new one.I have no clue idea what to do, any clues?
Whoever is writing your reference just needs to mention this in their reference.
Unis are used to this situation and will still be able to access your application without it.
jayssheven
Rep:
(Original post by McGinger)
Whoever is writing your reference just needs to mention this in their reference.
Unis are used to this situation and will still be able to access your application without it.
Sorry i don't understand can you rephase, please
thank you
McGinger
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Sorry i don't understand can you rephase, please
thank you
Sorry - my spelling - 'assess your application'.
jayssheven
Rep:
(Original post by McGinger)
Sorry - my spelling - 'assess your application'.
The problem is, my old sixth form is going to be referencing it.Also, how can they assess my application if don't have my predicted grade? I already have done 3 a levels, I'm resitting one of them and picking up another. Without the other, they wont accept me due to not meeting the entry grade with the originals
Can you further explain, please
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
The problem is, my old sixth form is going to be referencing it.Also, how can they assess my application if don't have my predicted grade? I already have done 3 a levels, I'm resitting one of them and picking up another. Without the other, they wont accept me due to not meeting the entry grade with the originals
Can you further explain, please
Your school/college don't need to provide a prediction for the new subject. They just need to explain in the reference that you are taking this independently and therefore they cannot provide a predicted grade.

Unis are used to considering applicants with no predictions for retakes/new subjects taken independently.
McGinger
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
You will not be disadvantaged - Unis will give you a generous substitute grade as part of their assessment.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.72%
Note taking apps (6)
2.46%
Flashcards (47)
19.26%
Revision guides (15)
6.15%
Past papers (115)
47.13%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.28%

Watched Threads