Accidentally hit a car

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’ve accidentally hit a car, I was in a rush and on my way to uni, I’ve been feeling guilty about it ever since and I think the person has contacted my dad about it? Don’t really know how they know each other. I know it was my fault and I should’ve left my details, and I don’t want to give excuses so I won’t. I was going to report the incident to the police but I didn’t and that’s my fault. I just don’t know how to face my dad when I come back home. If I had received a letter asking me to pay or go to court I don’t think I would’ve felt like this. At the end of the day it’s my fault I know, it’s just if anyone has any advice that would be great. :/
lojawa
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’ve accidentally hit a car, I was in a rush and on my way to uni, I’ve been feeling guilty about it ever since and I think the person has contacted my dad about it? Don’t really know how they know each other. I know it was my fault and I should’ve left my details, and I don’t want to give excuses so I won’t. I was going to report the incident to the police but I didn’t and that’s my fault. I just don’t know how to face my dad when I come back home. If I had received a letter asking me to pay or go to court I don’t think I would’ve felt like this. At the end of the day it’s my fault I know, it’s just if anyone has any advice that would be great. :/
The most likely thing that will happen is that the owner’s insurance company will contact the owner of your car with the aim of making a claim. In this situation, the police are very unlikely to be involved. If the damage to their car is minor, it will probably be much cheaper to sort it out without involving insurance companies, so it might be best to tell your Dad and ask what you should do. He should be understanding if he’s ever experienced a scrape in his own vehicle.
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Just pay for it, or go through your insurer (although you’ll end up having to deal with hiked up fees if you go this route).

Their is not a lot to it really.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by GGGG_GayUnit)
iff my dad got a call every time i accidentally and minorly hit another car that phone would need to be super glued to his ear.

relax, if you can get out of paying anything, result
Well I’ve received a letter to my address with a form to fill out and send back which I’m not too fussed about it’s just the fact that my dad has opened it, I’d rather that I just dealt with it myself, I don’t even mind paying for the costs or fine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
7.14%
October 2021 (226)
44.84%
November 2021 (60)
11.9%
December 2021 (64)
12.7%
January 2021 (60)
11.9%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (43)
8.53%