A level Maths and further Maths in 7 months

Watch
Buxey
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
As the title says, I am deferring a year from university due to my lack of maths (I only got a GCSE D) so have taken the time out to study both a level maths and further maths. My plan is to study 45 hours per week and take the exams in may June time realistically speaking I would be over the moon with AA I am fully aware of the madness of this but this is what I want to do and will work endlessly to make this happen. Any tips or feedback on this?
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Buxey)
As the title says, I am deferring a year from university due to my lack of maths (I only got a GCSE D) so have taken the time out to study both a level maths and further maths. My plan is to study 45 hours per week and take the exams in may June time realistically speaking I would be over the moon with AA I am fully aware of the madness of this but this is what I want to do and will work endlessly to make this happen. Any tips or feedback on this?
Have you passed GCSE now? I think A level Maths [let alone FM] would be a stretch given you haven't done any Maths for a couple of years at least.
Buxey
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Muttley79)
Have you passed GCSE now? I think A level Maths [let alone FM] would be a stretch given you haven't done any Maths for a couple of years at least.
I did a fair bit of maths in my first year of university (I studied data science and analytics) I went from 2.7% in my initial assessment to 93.4% overall in 9 months. and no my highest maths qualification is GCSE D.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Buxey)
I did a fair bit of maths in my first year of university (I studied data science and analytics) I went from 2.7% in my initial assessment to 93.4% overall in 9 months. and no my highest maths qualification is GCSE D.
So how did you get to uni? I'd sit GCSE as that will prevent you getting on many degrees. What is your plan ...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (12)
6.49%
October 2021 (89)
48.11%
November 2021 (19)
10.27%
December 2021 (29)
15.68%
January 2021 (15)
8.11%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (18)
9.73%