What are your present wrapping skills like?

Watch
-Eirlys-
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Are you a pro or do your wrapping skills leave a lot to be desired? :lol:

CheeseIsVeg
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
My wrapping skills are non existent :emo:
-Eirlys-
Rep:
(Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
That's okay, practice makes perfect!
alicelilley
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
They're so so bad but now I have a job it's got better because wrapping up slices of cheese every Saturday is really good practice lmaooo
artful_lounger
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
My ability to wrap things is so bad in my year 10 work experience I had to wrap a package and it looked so bad and amateurish they had to re-do it :cry:

Fortunately it's not a skill I've had to use since...I generally avoid it by just giving people their presents directly. Or using gift bags, sometimes
Chronoscope
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Can’t even hold the scissors and wrapping paper properly when I’m trying to cut the paper (gotta love being both left handed and dyspraxic sometimes )
If anyone’s receiving gifts or SS’s off me this year I tried :giggle:
Last edited by Chronoscope; 1 month ago
summerbirdreads
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I don't even bother wrapping anymore...
Laksh_23
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by -Eirlys-)

mine are terrible
Callicious
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Horrific.

That being said, I do make my own packaging for mail (large or small) so my packaging skills in general are okay.

Just that I can't die a bow for squat so :lol:
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Haven’t wrapped anything in years now - I make my sibling do all the wrapping.
0ptics
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
Minus the emoji, I was actually going to type this verbatim…

Guess my wrapping skills have now been revealed. Does anyone care? No lol.
Sabertooth
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

:cool:
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
This thread might turn into 'dyspraxics unite!' but having bought a hexagonal box of Turkish delight for my dad, I can say that once you graduate beyond the cuboid and the (long) cylinder they're not up to much! :lol:
the bear
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
i loved doing origami when i was 9 or 10. now i am able to wrap presents to degree level :smug:
journeyaway
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
They suck. I can respectably wrap something like a book thanks to the angles and edges, but give me anything oddly-shaped, and it ends up looking like a blob...
Anonymous1502
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I can do it to a reasonable standard, haven't wrapped anything for years but I am confident it will be passable, not the most amazing but decent enough.
flaurie
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
If it's a normal shaped object then i can wrap it fairly well, but not a chance at something slightly odd-shaped :lol:
jonathanemptage
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by -Eirlys-)

Not great but the DM1 doesn't help all that much.
AestheticStudying
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
wrapping presents is the one thing I'm good at for no apparent reason
-Eirlys-
Rep:
(Original post by alicelilley)
They're so so bad but now I have a job it's got better because wrapping up slices of cheese every Saturday is really good practice lmaooo
You wrap cheese for your day job? :O
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
Haven’t wrapped anything in years now - I make my sibling do all the wrapping.
Free labour!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (68)
12.48%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.65%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (142)
26.06%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.07%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (264)
48.44%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.3%

Watched Threads