The Student Room Group

What are your present wrapping skills like?

Are you a pro or do your wrapping skills leave a lot to be desired? :lol:

Scroll to see replies

My wrapping skills are non existent :emo:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg

That's okay, practice makes perfect!
They're so so bad but now I have a job it's got better because wrapping up slices of cheese every Saturday is really good practice lmaooo
My ability to wrap things is so bad in my year 10 work experience I had to wrap a package and it looked so bad and amateurish they had to re-do it :cry:

Fortunately it's not a skill I've had to use since...I generally avoid it by just giving people their presents directly. Or using gift bags, sometimes :tongue:
Can’t even hold the scissors and wrapping paper properly when I’m trying to cut the paper (gotta love being both left handed and dyspraxic sometimes :colondollar: )
If anyone’s receiving gifts or SS’s off me this year I tried :giggle:
(edited 2 years ago)
I don't even bother wrapping anymore...
Original post by -Eirlys-

mine are terrible
Horrific.

That being said, I do make my own packaging for mail (large or small) so my packaging skills in general are okay.

Just that I can't die a bow for squat so :lol:
Haven’t wrapped anything in years now - I make my sibling do all the wrapping.
Original post by CheeseIsVeg

Minus the emoji, I was actually going to type this verbatim…

Guess my wrapping skills have now been revealed. Does anyone care? No lol.

:cool:
This thread might turn into 'dyspraxics unite!' but having bought a hexagonal box of Turkish delight for my dad, I can say that once you graduate beyond the cuboid and the (long) cylinder they're not up to much! :lol:
i loved doing origami when i was 9 or 10. now i am able to wrap presents to degree level :smug:
They suck. I can respectably wrap something like a book thanks to the angles and edges, but give me anything oddly-shaped, and it ends up looking like a blob...
I can do it to a reasonable standard, haven't wrapped anything for years but I am confident it will be passable, not the most amazing but decent enough.
If it's a normal shaped object then i can wrap it fairly well, but not a chance at something slightly odd-shaped :lol:
Original post by -Eirlys-

Not great but the DM1 doesn't help all that much.
wrapping presents is the one thing I'm good at for no apparent reason :colondollar:
Original post by alicelilley
They're so so bad but now I have a job it's got better because wrapping up slices of cheese every Saturday is really good practice lmaooo

You wrap cheese for your day job? :O
Original post by Mesopotamian.
Haven’t wrapped anything in years now - I make my sibling do all the wrapping.

Free labour!

Quick Reply