dyspraxia needs assessment

Watch this thread
Hahaha2233
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
my evidence has finally been accepted and I have been told to book a needs assessment for my dyspraxia. I am not sure what I want to ask for, would the DSA pay for a Grammarly subscription for me because that's one thing I know I need. what have people got and found beneficial with dyspraxia.
De Montfort University
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
Hey there,

With your Needs Assessment, they help go through your evidence and have a discussion with you about what could help you as part of your studies. It's not something you have to think about on your own, the adviser will be able to help you explore what support you can access and what may help you so it's a really good chance for you to see what help is provided.

When I was diagnosed with Dyslexia and Dyspraxia, I had no idea what I needed to help me so going to the Needs Assessment really helped me learn more about what I could access in terms of software (like Dragon where it would speak the text to me) and equipment like reading rulers. For me, I found the study support option where I had a tutor and 1-2-1 meetings really useful during my studies. It helped me to keep on track with my assignments and help me plan and understand what I needed to do with someone.

It sounds daunting, but the assessment is just there for you to talk to someone about what you may need and they can help talk you through and suggest some things too, as it's about creating help that's bespoke to you so you get the most from your studies.

It's all based on what you might find useful during your studies and you can always ask the adviser to guide you step by step - it's there to support you, rather than stop you from getting things you need.

If you're ever unsure, I'd speak to your university's disability and welfare team as they can help go through things in more detail too.

Wishing you all the best,

Emi
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (61)
15.76%
The paper was reasonable (190)
49.1%
Not feeling great about that exam... (97)
25.06%
It was TERRIBLE (39)
10.08%

Watched Threads