lying on a ECF

Watch
skull1406
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I missed an assessment at my university and submitted a ECF.they now want evidence for the funeral I attended so im going to have to makee some as im not close enough with family to ask.Has anyone had their uni check this and call them out on a fake document?im worried they'll check it with the register office as it relates to a death.(im sending them a funeral invitation)
Gamstar
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
You're in a sticky situation there mate

But for real, I think the only way to get out of this is to come clean, if they check those documents, it might be far worse than if you had just said you lied about attending a funeral.
skull1406
Rep:
(Original post by Gamstar)
You're in a sticky situation there mate

But for real, I think the only way to get out of this is to come clean, if they check those documents, it might be far worse than if you had just said you lied about attending a funeral.
thanks for the honest reply.I was looking after my little sister and I had to do it as my dad was the one attending the funeral so no one else was there to have her.The only evidence they said they'll accept is funeral documents and I tried to explain the reason wasn't a funeral, it was babysitting but they're not having it so im running out of options
mike23mike
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
unis often get such claims so are liable to do some background checks. You were a bit naive to think they would take you at face value. would have been better to have gotten a zero and resat the assessment for the module. The funeral invitation may be sufficient. Don't lie in the future. If you get caught out the penalty will be severe. If you are studying something like law or medicine you may get kicked off the course.
Gamstar
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by skull1406)
thanks for the honest reply.I was looking after my little sister and I had to do it as my dad was the one attending the funeral so no one else was there to have her.The only evidence they said they'll accept is funeral documents and I tried to explain the reason wasn't a funeral, it was babysitting but they're not having it so im running out of options
Is that what you told them initially? If not, then it might be harder getting out of this. Have you spoken to your tutor or someone similar, or is this a completely separate ECF department you're communicating with?
skull1406
Rep:
(Original post by Gamstar)
Is that what you told them initially? If not, then it might be harder getting out of this. Have you spoken to your tutor or someone similar, or is this a completely separate ECF department you're communicating with?
I told them I was babysitting, but the reason I was is because anyone else who could babysit(my mum/dad,older brother) is attending the funeral which is true, but they want evidence from the funeral?
martin7
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by skull1406)
I told them I was babysitting, but the reason I was is because anyone else who could babysit(my mum/dad,older brother) is attending the funeral which is true, but they want evidence from the funeral?
There's normally an order of service at a funeral. Did your dad/mum/older brother keep theirs?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (30)
7.06%
October 2021 (194)
45.65%
November 2021 (44)
10.35%
December 2021 (57)
13.41%
January 2021 (47)
11.06%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (39)
9.18%