The Student Room Group

Personal Statement paragraph

For every personal statement obviously it has to fit in with the max 47 line mark. Introducing my paragraphs with spacing means I am over... however If I paragraphed with just indent/new line (not space) I am in the max count!

The only thing is I don't think my statement looks as good without the blank spacing. It's clearer to read. You can still sort of tell the separation of ideas through the ident but I feel like it doesn't have the same effect?!

Has anyone else uploaded with just idents for their personal statment?
Indents are removed by UCAS when it's submitted unfortunately. See what sentences you can remove/shorten to fit it in with full line gaps (which aren't removed by UCAS)
Reply 2
Just realised this, i went to the preview page to see what it would come out like to the reader. It doesn't look awful, you can still see the idea of a paragraph. Do you think this will be okay?
You won’t be rejected for not leaving gaps between paragraphs - but it shouldn’t take much editing to make your PS concise enough to include them.

Work through each sentence and try to find one superfluous word - something to remove without removing the meaning or grammar of the sentence. Stripping out those unnecessary words will make your PS easier to read (even if you can’t strip out enough to leave gaps between all your paragraphs). Think about whether you can merge some of your paragraphs too - 4 paragraphs with space between is easier to read than 6-7 paragraphs with no spaces.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending