Illustration at Leeds Arts or Sheffield Hallam University?

Watch
alwaystiredx
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone,

I feel a bit stuck recently as I am unsure whether to make Sheffield Hallam or Leeds Arts University my choice to study at, as they are currently tied and each has their unique pros and cons.

I want to choose the university which will help me get enough work experience and has plenty of relevant jobs in the area for after university. I also care a lot about nature/green areas/places to unwind, rather than clubbing/nightlife during my time.

I want to study BA Hons Illustration and I'd love to hear other people's thoughts/pointers/experiences. Thanks in advance!
Last edited by alwaystiredx; 1 month ago
Yurayoung
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Hi,

I'm not sure about Leeds university but my sister goes to Hallam University and they really help them with their studies so much.
Maybe you can think about which city do you prefer especially if you are moving away. think about your travelling as well; the easier and faster you get to the university is the better.
Sheffield is usually more student-friendly city maybe this could help you make the choice
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by alwaystiredx)
Hi everyone,

I feel a bit stuck recently as I am unsure whether to make Sheffield Hallam or Leeds Arts University my choice to study at, as they are currently tied and each has their unique pros and cons.

I want to choose the university which will help me get enough work experience and has plenty of relevant jobs in the area for after university. I also care a lot about nature/green areas/places to unwind, rather than clubbing/nightlife during my time.

I want to study BA Hons Illustration and I'd love to hear other people's thoughts/pointers/experiences. Thanks in advance!
Hi @alwaystiredx,
I can't speak for Leeds but I can give you some insight into Sheffield Hallam. Hallam integrate employability in all their courses, giving opportunities to speak to and network with employers as well as setting you up with the skills you'll need in the world of work. We have our own dedicated careers and employability centre that holds regular events and drop in sessions to do with anything career related.
You will also be given the chance to undertake a placement job if you wish, where you can build work experience. The university will help you find the most suitable one for you, near or far from Sheffield.
If you are looking for green spaces then Sheffield is perfect. It isn't called the green city for nothing! There is always a beautifully kept park nearby, wherever you are in the city. Wildlife can be seen in all areas (I've seen a woodpecker in the city centre), and the stunning Peak District is right on your doorstep.
To help you make your decision I would recommend coming to one of our open days if you haven't already, the next one is on Wednesday 8th December. Here's a link with more info https://www.shu.ac.uk/visit-us/open-days
Hope this helps!
Grace
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (3)
6.98%
October 2021 (26)
60.47%
November 2021 (5)
11.63%
December 2021 (3)
6.98%
January 2021 (2)
4.65%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (2)
4.65%