The Student Room Group

How to approach cute girl at uni library

So today I saw this really cute girl at the study space in uni. She looked at me a few times but I never went over and talked to her. I’ve never seen her before and not sure if I’ll see her again but for some reason I really regret not shooting my shot. I’m a pretty awkward and shy person and never really had experience with approaching girls before so I’m how sure how to do it or what to say.

The ‘library’ isnt really a library but more of a communal study space since people go in groups to study and there isn’t really a quiet policy. It’s a mix between a library and coffee shop vibe.

If anyone has advice on what I should do if I see her again please let me know :smile:
I say shoot up a conversation ask what shes studying and if its in the same genre as you ask if she would like to study with you sometime..just keep things simple:smile:
Reply 2
This situation needs a bit of sensitivity as people don’t necessarily want to be hit on as they go about their everyday business. In this sort of communal area I would try a smile first and if that is reciprocated you could try speaking to her next time you pass.
Don't? That's not a space people go to in order to be hit on, it's where they go to study. Read the room, almost literally in this case...

Quick Reply