2015 TSA Q.29 need explanation

Watch
rogerdoger
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
could someone explain the reasoning behind this question?

29 Thankfully, logicians did not devise the British Constitution. It has evolved through
the work of ordinary people, who have adapted the Government of the country to meet the needs of
their age. They have always preserved sufficient flexibility to permit such adaptation. And we have
avoided a lot of problems because we have never been guided in anything we have done by logic. If
you study the period of history from the Civil War, in the middle of the 17th century, to the
accession of George I in 1714, you will see the benefits of not making the Constitution too rigid
by writing it down. It proves how much there is to be said for ignoring logic and following common
sense.

Which one of the following is an underlying assumption of the above argument?

A As the British Constitution was devised by logicians, it cannot be adapted to meet
contemporary needs.

B The need to write down the British Constitution became inevitable over time.

C Britain was fortunate that its Constitution evolved flexibly as a result of the work of
ordinary people.

D It is not possible to follow both logic and common sense because they will always produce
different results.

E It is always right to ignore logic and follow common sense because such a course of action
produces the best results.
Last edited by rogerdoger; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
7.2%
October 2021 (223)
44.6%
November 2021 (59)
11.8%
December 2021 (64)
12.8%
January 2021 (60)
12%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (43)
8.6%