Kicked from multiple teams interviews!

Watch
mynameisjoe775
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m attempting to interview for a Paramedic Science BSc. Had one in person interview which I think went well, however one university I’ve applied for are doing interviews over teams. I originally had an interview on Monday but about 5 minutes in the connection failed (power cut) and I could not get back in (group interview). Had my individual interview later in the day which I think went well. Rescheduled the group interview for this morning, and again same thing happened. The interview was at 0900, so I joined at about 0857. Waited until 0905 and then left and rejoined using the link, at that point I was let it although it looked like I was late. Then the interviewer put everyone into breakout rooms but as soon as he did so I believe I got kicked as it said call ended. My connection was fine. I’ve phoned admissions who have said they will try to pass my message along but now I’m a tad stressed as I’m worried this looks really bad. I do live rurally so internet connection is an issue but I have done everything I can to ensure I have a stable connection (which it was today). Anyone got any advice? This is my top choice uni and I’m really worried that this looks bad on my part.

Thanks
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mynameisjoe775)
I’m attempting to interview for a Paramedic Science BSc. Had one in person interview which I think went well, however one university I’ve applied for are doing interviews over teams. I originally had an interview on Monday but about 5 minutes in the connection failed (power cut) and I could not get back in (group interview). Had my individual interview later in the day which I think went well. Rescheduled the group interview for this morning, and again same thing happened. The interview was at 0900, so I joined at about 0857. Waited until 0905 and then left and rejoined using the link, at that point I was let it although it looked like I was late. Then the interviewer put everyone into breakout rooms but as soon as he did so I believe I got kicked as it said call ended. My connection was fine. I’ve phoned admissions who have said they will try to pass my message along but now I’m a tad stressed as I’m worried this looks really bad. I do live rurally so internet connection is an issue but I have done everything I can to ensure I have a stable connection (which it was today). Anyone got any advice? This is my top choice uni and I’m really worried that this looks bad on my part.

Thanks
This is a difficult one, the admissions team wont want your personal internet limitations to impact your application. Simultaneously after the first interview failure you should probably make a reasonable effort to prevent a similar thing re-occurring, now if your stuck at home on outdated DSL their may not be a lot you can do; but if you get another group interview can you run it over 4G or get your school to host.
mynameisjoe775
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by mnot)
This is a difficult one, the admissions team wont want your personal internet limitations to impact your application. Simultaneously after the first interview failure you should probably make a reasonable effort to prevent a similar thing re-occurring, now if your stuck at home on outdated DSL their may not be a lot you can do; but if you get another group interview can you run it over 4G or get your school to host.
I’m a mature student so I don’t have a school that can host unfortunately. The first time was due to a power cut so this time I’m running it over 4g on a laptop. I had look at using a library but my nearest one doesn’t have anywhere quiet and it’s right next to a road so not really suitable. I’m just worried it’s going to look bad on my part but I can’t really do any more
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
7.2%
October 2021 (223)
44.6%
November 2021 (59)
11.8%
December 2021 (64)
12.8%
January 2021 (60)
12%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (43)
8.6%