Episode 5 - Classic sounds to make you feel invincible

Watch
StrawberryDreams
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago

Name:  GkwXPwQ.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  75.2 KB

Volume 5 of Gameplay with Baby Queen is coming out on tomorrow and will mix classic gaming soundtracks, with music from Deus Ex, Zelda Wind Waker and The First Tree.

You can listen to the show here (available from 02:00am on 04.12.21)

“If I made it through enough levels of that game, I felt like I could do anything” Baby Queen has said on Super Mario Bros.

What gaming soundtracks make you feel invincible?
Last edited by StrawberryDreams; 1 month ago
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Crash Bandicoot Invincibility

Listening to this soundtrack feels like I can go through lava without to get burn and get hit by an electric beam without a damage.
AngryJellyfish
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

...might be too literal? :p: Genuinely struggling to think of anything that I haven't already used for 'pumped' or 'heroic', though.
Kallisto
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AngryJellyfish)

...might be too literal? :p: Genuinely struggling to think of anything that I haven't already used for 'pumped' or 'heroic', though.
If it has to be a super mario game, the invincibility soundtrack in Yoshis Island is great and also gives the vibe to feel like being unstoppable.
0ptics
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago

This music gives heavy nostalgia of that one time where you used the mega star to kill a koopa that also used a mega star. It also sounds cool, in general.
Spoiler:
Show
yeah, I know, I have weird tastes lol.
Kallisto
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 0ptics)

This music gives heavy nostalgia of that one time where you used the mega star to kill a koopa that also used a mega star. It also sounds cool, in general.
Spoiler:
Show
yeah, I know, I have weird tastes lol.
Sounds like that the favorite Super Mario soundtracks were mashed to one soundtrack. What a weird tone.
AngryJellyfish
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Gameplay time :yay: My thoughts to follow in about an hour, as usual.
AngryJellyfish
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Starting the playlist with Super Mario... yeah, it's the obvious choice. Great version of the themes, too.

Hollow Knight - Sealed Vessel next - dramatic! Makes me feel more vulnerable than invincible TBH. :afraid:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Icarus - Main Theme. Bit of a mouthful! Again, nice track, but chilling, made me feel my mortality. I need to go back to ignoring the tracklist themes.

Obligatory game that I've never heard of because it came out about a month or two ago: JETT: The Far Shore. Interesting track, not entirely my cup of tea, but interesting.

Dragon Lord of Kakaranathara is an invincible villain theme, blatantly. Easily my favourite so far though, aside from the nostalgia-boosted Mario.

Call of Destiny from The First Tree was really lovely. Added the game to my wishlist, sounds like the kind of thing I'd enjoy, and apparently it runs on Windows XP toasters.

Haven't played Wind Waker, but anything Zelda-related is an instant win as far as I'm concerned.

Main theme from Jurassic World Evolution... not quite as epic as the main theme from the original Jurassic Park movie, but not bad. :p:

Noticeable transition into Timberborn - Seasons Change. Very pleasant.

Epic is literally the title of this Rome: Total War track. It did not disappoint.

Absolutely loved Get Together - There you are you there. Very mysterious, otherworldly. Very non invincible sounding.

Call of Duty Vanguard... not a franchise that I assumed would have stand-out music. Clearly an incorrect assumption on my part, this was GOOD.

Ending on Mirror's Edge, a game which I own, but couldn't get into. Different, as most of the final tracks in these playlists have been. And dare I say it, meet's this week's theme to a tee. :yy: [EDIT] Well, the first part did anyway. Mellowed out a bit towards the end. :p:
Last edited by AngryJellyfish; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.9%
Note taking apps (6)
2.48%
Flashcards (46)
19.01%
Revision guides (15)
6.2%
Past papers (114)
47.11%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.31%

Watched Threads