well I just found out my marks for english and maths and I am gobsmacked

Watch
Anon346775
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am shook
Anon346775
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
absolutely gobsmacked
VeryAverage
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
flabbergasted
_Robyn_
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Good or bad?
flaurie
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hoping that’s gobsmacked in a good way, well done!!!
Anon346775
Rep:
(Original post by _Robyn_)
Good or bad?
Good
Anon346775
Rep:
I did my GCSEs in 2017 and found out the marks to the english and maths papers today, otherwise on the result slip it didn’t say.
Anon346775
Rep:
the individual paper marks shook me looking at grades and how close I was to the next boundary
dznnyk
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Who do you ask for this?
Anon346775
Rep:
(Original post by dznnyk)
Who do you ask for this?
school
Last edited by Anon346775; 1 month ago
Muhammad Razak
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anon346775)
I did my GCSEs in 2017 and found out the marks to the english and maths papers today, otherwise on the result slip it didn’t say.
Same. I did bad in English bc I was always asleep in class and don't rlly like it (7,7) but maths is great, I love it (9). Happy for u So what do u do now? Uni or work?
Last edited by Muhammad Razak; 1 month ago
Anon346775
Rep:
(Original post by Muhammad Razak)
Same. I did bad in English bc I was always asleep in class and don't rlly like it (7,7) but maths is great, I love it (9). Happy for u So what do u do now? Uni or work?
work. you got 7,7? thats good not bad. do you mean you did bad in english in class
Last edited by Anon346775; 1 month ago
Muhammad Razak
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
work. you got 7,7? thats good not bad. do you mean you did bad in english in class
Nice, what's your job if u don't mind me asking? Yh no I just think I could've achieved more bc I was so lazy w English (I rlly hate it ngl). Uno like I under achieved
0ptics
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
So what did you receive on your result slip..? I thought your grade was on there and that would make you display the same reaction as you are showing right here.

Either way, well done
Last edited by 0ptics; 1 month ago
Anon346775
Rep:
(Original post by Muhammad Razak)
Nice, what's your job if u don't mind me asking? Yh no I just think I could've achieved more bc I was so lazy w English (I rlly hate it ngl). Uno like I under achieved
I am looking for work but before I was an Estate Assistant, it was a temporary 6 months job contract.

What was your target for English?

I missed my target by a grade in English Language and I know why, I was distracted but close enough to the boundary.
Anon346775
Rep:
(Original post by 0ptics)
So what did you receive on your result slip..? I thought your grade was on there and that would make you display the same reaction as you are showing right here.

Either way, well done
The overall grade is not shocking, one grade I missed, so for English Language I missed it by one grade but close enough for the second paper to the boundary. English literature and maths I hit my overall targets but the marks shocked me. On my results slip it only said the grade, but I emailed the school and found out my marks today.
skylark2
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I don't understand what is so shocking. You got a grade one below your target grade. You've now discovered that you were in fact reasonably close to getting the target grade. Why would you have expected to discover anything else? Surely you'd be more shocked if you'd discovered that, far from being somewhere near getting your target grade, you only just escaped missing it by two grades?

You got what you got. It is half a decade too late to appeal. You really do need to move on.
Anon346775
Rep:
(Original post by skylark2)
I don't understand what is so shocking. You got a grade one below your target grade. You've now discovered that you were in fact reasonably close to getting the target grade. Why would you have expected to discover anything else? Surely you'd be more shocked if you'd discovered that, far from being somewhere near getting your target grade, you only just escaped missing it by two grades?

You got what you got. It is half a decade too late to appeal. You really do need to move on.
i’m shocked and pleased with maths and english literature as I got one grade higher than target in paper 1 maths, and paper 2 of english literature I was 2 marks off getting one grade higher than target
Muhammad Razak
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I am looking for work but before I was an Estate Assistant, it was a temporary 6 months job contract.

What was your target for English?

I missed my target by a grade in English Language and I know why, I was distracted but close enough to the boundary.
Nice job. Did u enjoy it? Ig I targeted rlly high grades. Probably would've been happy w an 8 but maybe aimed for 9
EOData
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by skylark2)

PRSOM.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.72%
Note taking apps (6)
2.46%
Flashcards (47)
19.26%
Revision guides (15)
6.15%
Past papers (115)
47.13%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.28%

Watched Threads