second interview

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
how does a second interview differ from the first, for a job interview?
Kutie Karen
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
depends on what kind of job it is. usually more in depth.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Depends on the specific job, experience required and salary.
Usually lasts for longer and is much more detailed.

Most applicants have made the initial shortlist based on their prior experience, qualifications and a strong first interview performance.
The second interview assesses what the applicant will bring to the employer and working environment in terms of attitude, skillset, contacts, client following/profits.
Some of the questions can be a bit intrusive while trying to determine how compatible the applicant is with the corporate culture and company image.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Depends on the specific job, experience required and salary.
Usually lasts for longer and is much more detailed.

Most applicants have made the initial shortlist based on their prior experience, qualifications and a strong first interview performance.
The second interview assesses what the applicant will bring to the employer and working environment in terms of attitude, skillset, contacts, client following/profits.
Some of the questions can be a bit intrusive while trying to determine how compatible the applicant is with the corporate culture and company image.
This is for an entry level position with the salary being the national living wage. I'm just concerned about your comment of it being 'intrusive'. Does this mean personal questions?
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
They should tell you what’s expected. Often it’s to meet and impress a wider selection of people
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
This is for an entry level position with the salary being the national living wage. I'm just concerned about your comment of it being 'intrusive'. Does this mean personal questions?
Sometimes personal questions do get asked, depending on the interviewers and recuitment traditions.
Can be information about your past studies or any volunteering experience you have mentioned.
Sometimes questioning your future plans or what you like to do in your spare time.
Kutie Karen
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I think when they say personal questions it is to establish your personality and what you like doing in spare time more than anything more sinister. Good luck. It really isn't that bad.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.72%
Note taking apps (6)
2.46%
Flashcards (47)
19.26%
Revision guides (15)
6.15%
Past papers (115)
47.13%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.28%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed