Working patterns for O Generic HMRC Compliance Caseworker Belfast

Watch this thread
Snowmen
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi,
I have just received a conditional offer for the O Generic HMRC Compliance Caseworker role in Belfast.
I have read through the blurb but wanted to ask a question about what the actual working pattern will look like in reality. Is it generally a Monday to Friday role within core office hours or are you expected to work two late shifts a week and a Saturday on a regular basis.
The attachment in the offer email gives an example of one of the working patterns but I want to find out what way it works in reality.
Any help would be appreciated!
Many thanks
MCFC_uk
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Snowmen)
Hi,
I have just received a conditional offer for the O Generic HMRC Compliance Caseworker role in Belfast.
I have read through the blurb but wanted to ask a question about what the actual working pattern will look like in reality. Is it generally a Monday to Friday role within core office hours or are you expected to work two late shifts a week and a Saturday on a regular basis.
The attachment in the offer email gives an example of one of the working patterns but I want to find out what way it works in reality.
Any help would be appreciated!
Many thanks
Hi,

Congratulations on your offer. A compliance caseworker role tends to be Monday to Friday. Subject to manager approval and business need, you can work between 7 am and 8pm (accruing flexi when working longer hours). While this can vary by business unit, weekend working is rare within compliance - Do you know which business unit within compliance you are joining?
Snowmen
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by MCFC_uk)
Hi,

Congratulations on your offer. A compliance caseworker role tends to be Monday to Friday. Subject to manager approval and business need, you can work between 7 am and 8pm (accruing flexi when working longer hours). While this can vary by business unit, weekend working is rare within compliance - Do you know which business unit within compliance you are joining?
Thanks for the reply and information.
No there is no mention of which business unit on the email - maybe you get that at the formal offer stage?
Reddy5001
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
No there is no mention of which business unit on the email - maybe you get that at the formal offer stage?
From what I've seen on my formal offer for Liverpool you'd be working in the training unit to start off with and then you get assigned to a business unit later on (this is so that they can teach everyone starting across the UK basic skills such as casework and telephony). As for working pattern, you'd be working 37 hours per week but that's all I really know
MCFC_uk
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
You'll probably get it once you start.

As Reddy says, you will be assigned to the central training unit initially (which will almost certainly be a Monday to Friday gig). Most compliance business units operate within the hours I mentioned with small differences - e.g., as a VAT officer you may be needed to start before 7 to get to a customers premises more often than as a CT support officer (assuming a post COVID world where customer visits are the norm again).
Last edited by MCFC_uk; 8 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (12)
17.91%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (23)
34.33%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (5)
7.46%
Speaking to staff members from universities (1)
1.49%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (7)
10.45%
Reading articles about what steps to take (14)
20.9%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
2.99%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
4.48%

Watched Threads