Resits/Cancelled exams

Watch
adzzinho
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello, I am due to resit one exam in the summer and therefore I am asking whether anyone has any information on how my grade will likely be determined in the case that exams are cancelled
TriplexA
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by adzzinho)
Hello, I am due to resit one exam in the summer and therefore I am asking whether anyone has any information on how my grade will likely be determined in the case that exams are cancelled
Hi there.
Are you resitting as a private candidate? If so its likely you'll have to pay to do the final grade determining assessments at a college/ highschool so they can assess which grade is suitable for you.

It happened to some of my friends. I also resat however attended the college last year.

Wishing you all the best with your resit and future career plans. Glad your sticking at it Hope it pays off I hope!
adzzinho
Rep:
(Original post by TriplexA)
Hi there.
Are you resitting as a private candidate? If so its likely you'll have to pay to do the final grade determining assessments at a college/ highschool so they can assess which grade is suitable for you.

It happened to some of my friends. I also resat however attended the college last year.

Wishing you all the best with your resit and future career plans. Glad your sticking at it Hope it pays off I hope!
Thanks for the response,

I am resitting with my sixth form, so I’d be sitting some form of assessment there? Did you have any reduced content in your exams?

Yes I hope so too as I was only 1/2 grades below my offer last year 😔
TriplexA
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Thanks for the response,

I am resitting with my sixth form, so I’d be sitting some form of assessment there? Did you have any reduced content in your exams?

Yes I hope so too as I was only 1/2 grades below my offer last year 😔
Are you enrolled as a student there i.e. taking lessons for your resit subject?

Yes I did. I resat a level chemistry and french and in both was told the topics which wont appear on the assessments.
Which subject are you resitting?
adzzinho
Rep:
No I’m not doing lessons, I’ve been told to expect a call in January so that I can sign to take the exam at the school in the summer.

Nice, did you get the outcome that you wanted if you don’t mind me asking? I’m resitting maths
TriplexA
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
No I’m not doing lessons, I’ve been told to expect a call in January so that I can sign to take the exam at the school in the summer.

Nice, did you get the outcome that you wanted if you don’t mind me asking? I’m resitting maths
Yes I did thankyou. I went from a D to an A* in chemistry and a B to an A in french to successfully get onto my desired course.

I hope this inspires you and helps you to not lose hope.
adzzinho
Rep:
(Original post by TriplexA)
Yes I did thankyou. I went from a D to an A* in chemistry and a B to an A in french to successfully get onto my desired course.

I hope this inspires you and helps you to not lose hope.
Very much so, thanks 😊
EOData
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
The current guidance for private candidates for next summer is this: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ate-candidates
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
7.2%
October 2021 (223)
44.6%
November 2021 (59)
11.8%
December 2021 (64)
12.8%
January 2021 (60)
12%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (43)
8.6%