quick question about predicted grades and unis for btec course

Watch
fmksjdjdjd
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i have a teacher who's very flexible w the predicted uni grade he can give me, i could ask him for a d*d*d, possibly a d*d*d*, right now its d*dd but i'm scared that if i apply to unis w a higher predicted grade they might me expect me to get that specific grade or increase the offer they give me, lets say i dont do so well in the jan exam or something unexpected happens.. will this just make it easier for me to get the place that i want...? is this the safer option or just being dumb
ashvinsingh
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by fmksjdjdjd)
i have a teacher who's very flexible w the predicted uni grade he can give me, i could ask him for a d*d*d, possibly a d*d*d*, right now its d*dd but i'm scared that if i apply to unis w a higher predicted grade they might me expect me to get that specific grade or increase the offer they give me, lets say i dont do so well in the jan exam or something unexpected happens.. will this just make it easier for me to get the place that i want...? is this the safer option or just being dumb
You can speak with your teacher, but what grades are needed for your course?
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by fmksjdjdjd)
Hello

I think it would be wise to seek what grades you need for the course you are looking at doing and then speak to your teachers about this. Don't forget you can also have an insurance option to give you some peace of mind. There are also clearance options, so if you do get the grades you wanted, but didn't think you'd achieve them, you can phone up uni's and they may offer you a place that way. Likewise, if you don't get the grades you were hoping for then you can also go through clearance. Either way, i would clarify with your teachers about your predicted grades.

Hope this helps!

Andrew
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Unis will not raise grade offers because you have higher BTEC predictions than they are asking for.

Good advice here about How to Avoid 5 UCAS Rejections : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...ity-rejections
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.72%
Note taking apps (6)
2.46%
Flashcards (47)
19.26%
Revision guides (15)
6.15%
Past papers (115)
47.13%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.28%

Watched Threads