Newcastle university

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am a student who has been accepted into Newcastle university to study architecture and I am starting in 2022 although I want to make some friends before I go and get to know some people as I struggle making friends.
ashvinsingh
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am a student who has been accepted into Newcastle university to study architecture and I am starting in 2022 although I want to make some friends before I go and get to know some people as I struggle making friends.
Hey I’m applying to Newcastle to study pharmacy, what made you choose Newcastle?
Newcastle University Ambassador
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Hi anonymous #1,

We're so happy to hear that you'll be coming to study at Newcastle next year! For trying to find friends, I would recommend having a look for Newcastle University Applicant groups on Facebook; there are usually a couple of groups around, either made by students also looking for friends or by the University itself. They're a great place to find people on the same course as you, in your accommodation, or people with similar interests! Before I arrived in my first year, I used a group like this to find my flatmates!

However, I would say don't stress too much about making friends before you arrive to study at Newcastle. Everyone will be in the same situation as you, moving away from home, and wanting to make friends. Fresher's Week and talking to people in your lectures and seminars are also the perfect opportunity to meet new people and make friends.

I hope that helps!
~Ashley
normaw
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Try introducing yourself on this thread - it will more active as more offers come in:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=7125806
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by ashvinsingh)
Hey I’m applying to Newcastle to study pharmacy, what made you choose Newcastle?
I chose Newcastle as it is a very good university for architecture and it gives me the opportunity to move away from home and be more independent. What made you choose this uni?
ashvinsingh
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I chose Newcastle as it is a very good university for architecture and it gives me the opportunity to move away from home and be more independent. What made you choose this uni?
Partners programme
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (12)
6.52%
October 2021 (88)
47.83%
November 2021 (19)
10.33%
December 2021 (29)
15.76%
January 2021 (15)
8.15%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (18)
9.78%