Quit my job?

Watch
anonymous_new
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi ,

I currently have a part time job where I have been working since august. I get paid well, reasonably enjoy my work, and have good colleagues - I work 12 hours a week , one evening + all day Saturday.

I am in year 13 taking my A-Levels this year, I am behind and have a lot of revision/work to do.

Should I manage my time better - and keep both the job whilst revising - or quit altogether and just focus on revision?

Thanks.
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
My first choice would be manging time better if possible... but when push comes to shove school is a higher priority than part time work (much easier to find new part time work than a new school or college down the line)

If you were looking to quit, it would be worth trying to negotiate a bit of time off with your work to catch up school work instead, even just a couple of shifts off?. It might not work for them, but if the alternative is quitting anyway then you might as well ask and hopefully they would see the logic in being flexible.
Last edited by StriderHort; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
I don’t think it’s necessary to leave your job considering you only do 12 hours a week, if you have good time management e.g revising after school for a few hours etc, it should be fine. If you still feel you can’t balance it probably ask your manager to give you less hrs maybe 8hrs a week?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (12)
6%
October 2021 (97)
48.5%
November 2021 (20)
10%
December 2021 (30)
15%
January 2021 (16)
8%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (20)
10%