xoxaa1234
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
ll
Last edited by xoxaa1234; 1 month ago
Advertisement
Layla1712
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Depends.

If you have amazing GCSE results and a cracking personal statement maybe, but seeming as you are predicted BBC it is unlikely you will get offers if the minimum entry requirements are ABB. But that does not mean its impossible!!!! Entry requirements get lowered so many times for each individual applicant

It also depends on the course you are doing, if it is in high demand and really popular then the chances are slim to none, whereas if you are applying for a course that is not as competitive, your chances will increase
skylark2
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I do hope you are exaggerating. Yes, if you have applied only to universities which require ABB with predictions of BBC, there's a strong chance that you will get five rejections. If your school has only just sent the form off, I suggest you go talk to them first thing on Monday. You have 14 days to change to a more sensible set of choices - normally, one or two universities with requirements above your predictions, two or three with requirements the same as your predictions, and one with lower requirements than your predictions.
Advertisement
mah1000000
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It can be possible. A-level predictions are only one part of the application. It will probably depend a lot on the specific unis selection criteria and the competitiveness of the course. Some may exclude applications immediately based on predictions and some may look at the application as a whole.

Did you apply for a wide range of courses? BBC is quite below ABB and it's strongly recommended to only have 1-2 aspirational choices and the rest more reasonable if you want to avoid 5 rejections.

Although if you feel confident you will outperform your predictions next year and haven't received the offers you would like, you could take a gap year and reapply with achieved grades.
Last edited by mah1000000; 1 month ago
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Some unis use the predictions, others don’t.
Advertisement
AmIReallyHere
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I really do hope you didn't really apply for all ABB unis....
ashvinsingh
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by xoxaa1234)
So my school has just sent off my UCAS application but all the uni's expect me to have ABB but my predicted grades are BBC but I know that in the summer I can get ABB I'm just wondering if they are going to reject me based on my predicted grades? like will they even give me a chance.
Swap out some of the universities requiring ABB or you’ll most likely get 5 rejections. One grade lower is sometimes ok but 5 options requiring 2 grades above your predicted grades? You’ll end up in clearing.
Advertisement
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
If you’re happy with taking a gap year and reapplying then there’s no need to panic and substitute choices.
There’s Extra and Clearing available (and in clearing you’ll be judged on your grades not your predictions) if you don’t get an offer from any of your 5 choices that you’re happy with.
Depending on the subject you’re applying to the chances of getting a couple of offers are pretty good.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (37)
6.4%
October 2021 (260)
44.98%
November 2021 (69)
11.94%
December 2021 (73)
12.63%
January 2021 (74)
12.8%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (46)
7.96%