Tmi but ruining my life

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I had some digestive issues a while back and have been left with 2 haemorrhoids/skin tags. I’ve had them for 2 years now, and I’m 20. I haven’t been able to enjoy boys or get a boyfriend like everyone around me because I don’t feel I can be intimate with anyone that way I am. Trouble is the doctor said surgery could leave extensive scarring and there are risks. Basically I feel permanently damaged and that I will never have the experience of being sexually confident, or any experience at all. I’m not sure what advice I expect but I’d just like the opinions of people my own age. Please don’t be mean if you thinks it’s super gross cos I already know it is
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I'm older than you at 29, but it isn't gross at all.

These are the sort of things you would disclose to a partner when you're getting closer and you feel that intimacy is on the cards. Many people have physical health concerns that they are scared to disclose to people, but a good romantic partner accepts you as you are - even where your body might deviate from what they might expect. Skin tags, scars, fissures, and other "flaws" aren't anywhere near as unattractive to the person who loves you as they appear to you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (12)
6%
October 2021 (97)
48.5%
November 2021 (20)
10%
December 2021 (30)
15%
January 2021 (16)
8%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (20)
10%