The Student Room Group

Tmi but ruining my life

So I had some digestive issues a while back and have been left with 2 haemorrhoids/skin tags. I’ve had them for 2 years now, and I’m 20. I haven’t been able to enjoy boys or get a boyfriend like everyone around me because I don’t feel I can be intimate with anyone that way I am. Trouble is the doctor said surgery could leave extensive scarring and there are risks. Basically I feel permanently damaged and that I will never have the experience of being sexually confident, or any experience at all. I’m not sure what advice I expect but I’d just like the opinions of people my own age. Please don’t be mean if you thinks it’s super gross cos I already know it is :frown:
I'm older than you at 29, but it isn't gross at all.

These are the sort of things you would disclose to a partner when you're getting closer and you feel that intimacy is on the cards. Many people have physical health concerns that they are scared to disclose to people, but a good romantic partner accepts you as you are - even where your body might deviate from what they might expect. Skin tags, scars, fissures, and other "flaws" aren't anywhere near as unattractive to the person who loves you as they appear to you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending