Can I switch course from computer science to physics after applying?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So i have a deferred entry for 2022 at manchester for UG comp sci, could I potentially change it to physics stating with reason?
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So i have a deferred entry for 2022 at manchester for UG comp sci, could I potentially change it to physics stating with reason?
Potentially, yes. But only Manchester can say whether or not they will let you change.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ageshallnot)
Potentially, yes. But only Manchester can say whether or not they will let you change.
thanks, i am gonna ask on Monday but was wondering if anyone has done it here?
Admit-One
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
It will depend on your grades and the specifics of how Manchester are making Physics offers this year, so what has happened with people previously won't be a good guide as to how likely they are to let you switch. Just ask the question, worst case they say no and you still have your existing offer.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Admit-One)
It will depend on your grades and the specifics of how Manchester are making Physics offers this year, so what has happened with people previously won't be a good guide as to how likely they are to let you switch. Just ask the question, worst case they say no and you still have your existing offer.
thanks a lot. also, about asking I dont want to seem too unsure. Can i just say im considering changing course to physics or shall I say I want to change course to Physics? I dont want to let them know I'm on the fence else they may not take me seriously.
Anonymous #1
thanks a lot. also, about asking I dont want to seem too unsure. Can i just say im considering changing course to physics or shall I say I want to change course to Physics? I dont want to let them know I'm on the fence else they may not take me seriously.
Ok thats a mess of a reply, let me rewrite that ...

Thank you. I shall email/call them and ask. However, do you have any tips as to what to say? Sept 2022 is pretty far away, and there is a reasonable chance I may switch to Physics (provided i do enough research), however I dont want to let them know that I'm on the fence incase they take my request as a joke so to say. Shall I say that I WANT to change to physics and ask if that is possible, instead of saying I MAY want to change to physics?
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
You just need to be clear about whether you are just enquiring or whether you'd like to proceed with a change if it's a possibility. They won't be bothered if you are just enquiring, they haven't got time to second guess your motivation.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Admit-One)
You just need to be clear about whether you are just enquiring or whether you'd like to proceed with a change if it's a possibility. They won't be bothered if you are just enquiring, they haven't got time to second guess your motivation.
Thank you so much for your heIp
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.72%
Note taking apps (6)
2.46%
Flashcards (47)
19.26%
Revision guides (15)
6.15%
Past papers (115)
47.13%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.28%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed