The Student Room Group

I didn’t get the nursing interview for university (help)

I’m disappointed as I tried my best, it was my absolute dream to become a nurse and I feel like a let down, maybe I was too nervous? I paid £2000 for my access to higher education in nursing and always achieved distinctions in every single unit, I don’t know why they rejected me! I even showed them my distinctions and what I’ve been learning about. Is there any way to re apply again with the same university and same course? as all the other universities are based in London and I can’t travel that far as I’m in Kent. Has anyone else been rejected and I’m the same situation? It’s making me doubt my worth.

They also offered me another course under a conditional offer, which is irrelevant (early childhood studies) as I want to become a nurse and have paid for and nearly finished my access to higher education in nursing!
Original post by Hollie24
I’m disappointed as I tried my best, it was my absolute dream to become a nurse and I feel like a let down, maybe I was too nervous? I paid £2000 for my access to higher education in nursing and always achieved distinctions in every single unit, I don’t know why they rejected me! I even showed them my distinctions and what I’ve been learning about. Is there any way to re apply again with the same university and same course? as all the other universities are based in London and I can’t travel that far as I’m in Kent. Has anyone else been rejected and I’m the same situation? It’s making me doubt my worth.

They also offered me another course under a conditional offer, which is irrelevant (early childhood studies) as I want to become a nurse and have paid for and nearly finished my access to higher education in nursing!

Hi there.
I'm sorry to hear about your rejection. Don't give up if you really want it. You could get in touch with them and ask them about why they rejected you. You can always reapply next year and take a gap year. Perhaps in the gap year you could do some volunteering in a care home etc. to strengthen your application.

Don't lose hope. You've done amazing to get distinctions so you're clearly dedicated and hard working!
Wish you all the best.
Reply 2
Thank you, they undermined me, I won’t give up either x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending