two personal statements?

Watch
Gsjdhd
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Here is what I know
I'm able to apply for 2 courses however I can only use one personal statement where I'll have to show I've got interest in both subjects
I'm applying for two courses because I don't feel confident that ill get an offer for pharmacy but pharmacy is what I want to do and I prefer to learn pharmacy over nursing but my parents are telling me to do nursing as they think there's a chance I won't get into a pharmacy course and I've already written two personal statements one for pharmacy and one for nursing
as different universities cant see applications sent to different universities can I send my nursing personal statement to some universities and send my pharmacy personal statement to some other different universities I know they say it's not allowed but it's not like they will know
and if I get an offer for pharmacy I can peruse my dream of being a pharmacist
ashvinsingh
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Gsjdhd)
Here is what I know
I'm able to apply for 2 courses however I can only use one personal statement where I'll have to show I've got interest in both subjects
I'm applying for two courses because I don't feel confident that ill get an offer for pharmacy but pharmacy is what I want to do and I prefer to learn pharmacy over nursing but my parents are telling me to do nursing as they think there's a chance I won't get into a pharmacy course and I've already written two personal statements one for pharmacy and one for nursing
as different universities cant see applications sent to different universities can I send my nursing personal statement to some universities and send my pharmacy personal statement to some other different universities I know they say it's not allowed but it's not like they will know
This is for UK right? When you apply through ucas only one personal statement is sent off but some unis let you send them a personal statement tailored to a different course. What are your predicted grades? theres always an option of a foundation year.
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Here is what I know
You can only submit a single PS via UCAS.

You could email a second PS directly to your choices, but they are not obliged to consider it, so you may just end up rejected if they consider your original one.

Are you genuinely interested in nursing as a career?
Gsjdhd
Rep:
(Original post by ashvinsingh)
This is for UK right? When you apply through ucas only one personal statement is sent off but some unis let you send them a personal statement tailored to a different course. What are your predicted grades? theres always an option of a foundation year.
my predicted grades are BBC
and how do you reckon I can contact them to ask
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Email them directly.
Gsjdhd
Rep:
(Original post by Admit-One)
You can only submit a single PS via UCAS.

You could email a second PS directly to your choices, but they are not obliged to consider it, so you may just end up rejected if they consider your original one.

Are you genuinely interested in nursing as a career?
I'm not really interested in nursing but I don't know what else to do
ashvinsingh
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Look at the Newcastle partners scheme, foundation years e.g. at Manchester however some will require you to fit their contextual criteria. I’d recommend applying to ONLY a what you wish to study at uni forget what your parents say
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I'm not really interested in nursing but I don't know what else to do
In that case I don't see the point in wasting choices on it. If you got an offer for nursing would you be happy to study it for several years and then either be a nurse or some other allied profession? If not, you're just lessening your chances of getting into pharmacy.

I would either:

- be honest with your parents that you would not be happy with nursing at all as a backup.

OR

- apply to 5 pharma choices and just don't tell them. Best case, you get at least one offer, worst case you don't get any. Just don't go into specifics with your parents.

Have a think whether you would be happy taking a gap year and reapplying if things don't work out. If their concern is that you don't have a backup, you need to think what your plan B will be. Even if it's just work and reapplying.
Gsjdhd
Rep:
(Original post by Admit-One)
In that case I don't see the point in wasting choices on it. If you got an offer for nursing would you be happy to study it for several years and then either be a nurse or some other allied profession? If not, you're just lessening your chances of getting into pharmacy.

I would either:

- be honest with your parents that you would not be happy with nursing at all as a backup.

OR

- apply to 5 pharma choices and just don't tell them. Best case, you get at least one offer, worst case you don't get any. Just don't go into specifics with your parents.

Have a think whether you would be happy taking a gap year and reapplying if things don't work out. If their concern is that you don't have a backup, you need to think what your plan B will be. Even if it's just work and reapplying.
I understand thanks
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
If you apply to Bath for Pharmacy with a Nursing etc PS they will ask you for a second PS.
Other Unis may do this differently - so its worth emailing and asking before you apply.
layla135
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hello, what about picking 4 uni for pharmacy and 1 uni for pharmacy with a foundation year, this way if u dont get grades for pharmacy u can do the one with the foundation year, and u can write a pharmacy personal statment.Or you choose 5 pharmancy and if u dont get in you can go through clearning for nursing or pharmacy and u can choose as many unis as u want.
Universities that do foundation year pharmacy are, manchester, keele, reading, lincon, UEA
Last edited by layla135; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (12)
6%
October 2021 (97)
48.5%
November 2021 (20)
10%
December 2021 (30)
15%
January 2021 (16)
8%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (20)
10%