Can i pick up a GCSE subject in Y11 or is it too late

Watch
METRIX64
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I want to do D&T GCSE which I did not think of doing in year 10.
EOData
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Too late now as there would be no time to complete all the hours of NEA you need to do. As most schools need this to be finished by the end of the Spring term there is no time to complete it.,
Last edited by EOData; 1 month ago
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Are you currently in Year 10 or 11?

If you're currently in Year 11 then to be honest it's a bit late. We're already several months into the academic year.

If you're currently Year 10 then in theory any GCSEs can easily be studied within one year, so on that basis yes...
BUT your school will likely be teaching the material over two years, not one, so I'm not exactly sure how you'd catch up with that.
It's not really a subject that would be straightforward to take as a private candidate either.

I think your chances are slim, but speak to your school about it.
METRIX64
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
Are you currently in Year 10 or 11?

If you're currently in Year 11 then to be honest it's a bit late. We're already several months into the academic year.

If you're currently Year 10 then in theory any GCSEs can easily be studied within one year, so on that basis yes...
BUT your school will likely be teaching the material over two years, not one, so I'm not exactly sure how you'd catch up with that.
It's not really a subject that would be straightforward to take as a private candidate either.

I think your chances are slim, but speak to your school about it.
Probably too late.
Larissa Berry
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I picked up statistics gcse in year 11 and did perfectly fine although something like DT might require a longer time for designing and making coursework so I think for that specific course, it's not ideal
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (11)
6.21%
October 2021 (84)
47.46%
November 2021 (17)
9.6%
December 2021 (29)
16.38%
January 2021 (15)
8.47%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (18)
10.17%
Something else (3)
1.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise