Used socks - not telling future partners?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've always had a pretty strong foot fetish: when I went to uni at 18 and lived on my own for the first time, one of the first things I did was buy lots of adult toys off of eBay. This included used/well-worn undergarments such as socks, pantyhose, knickers and even well-worn flats. They'd usually get delivered in a ziplock bag and I'd smell them for a bit before putting them back (after a few months the smell wore off so I'd throw them away). I felt guilty about doing this so I threw away everything that I'd bought and it wasn't until last year (around the first peak of the pandemic) that I decided to buy a pair of used women's gym socks off of eBay again and threw them out a few months later.

My question is, is this 'smell fetish' something that I should admit to a future partner or is it best to keep it a secret and lie if they'd ever asked about it? It's hard to imagine this coming up in conversation but one of the things I have done in previous relationships is smell my partner's used socks/undergarments without their explicit consent, e.g. I might offer to do her laundry for her but smell her socks just before I put them in the washing machine. I felt guilty about not coming clean, yet it's something I think about doing all the time whenever I'm in a relationship, to the point where I'd wish that I could just go to sleep using my partner's feet as a pillow face-down. Would such a fetish be a dealbreaker to most women?
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Be honest about it. The right woman for you will be comfortable with your sexuality and may even indulge you by saying that is okay to sniff her dirty laundry. Then you won't need to keep it a secret anymore.

It's easier than you think to find people who are accepting, to be honest. I've a "gross" kink that the majority of my partners have been absolutely fine with - with some even agreeing to participate in it despite getting no arousal from it themselves. I ended things with the only person who openly looked down on me for it.
Last edited by 1582; 1 month ago
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I’d get to know them a bit first. Sniffing a partner clothes could pass as quirky affection, buying random used knickers might raise an eyebrow
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (63)
12.26%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.75%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (132)
25.68%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (43)
8.37%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (249)
48.44%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.5%

Watched Threads