thrivingfrog
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm thinking about getting some psychology books as I plan on going into psychology in the future. Does anyone have any recommendations?
University of Huddersfield Student Rep
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by thrivingfrog)
I'm thinking about getting some psychology books as I plan on going into psychology in the future. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Hi @thrivingfrog ...how are you?

I've heard that this is a good psychology book -

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/.../9781119095699

I'm sure some others will come along and provide recommendations

Leanne
Midwifery Studies BSc (Hons) - 2nd year
The University of Huddersfield
lailakate
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hiya,
I found 'The man who mistook his wife for a hat' by Oliver Sacks a really interesting easy read for learning about some case studies and disorders in psychology!
Laila
Edge Hill University Outreach
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Hi thrivingfrog,

You might find these free online resources useful to explore psychology further.

You could listen to the PsychCrunch podcast. (https://digest.bps.org.uk/podcast/). PsychCrunch is the podcast from the British Psychological Society’s Research Digest. In each episode they explore whether the findings from psychological science can make a difference in real life. They speak to psychologists about their research and whether they apply what they’ve discovered in their own lives.

The British Psychological Society website is also a really great resource to learn more about the subject. (www.bps.org.uk),

You might also find it beneficial to use the 'Introduction to Psychology Mastery' App by gWhiz. It can be downloaded via Google Play or from the App Store. The free version will give you access to practise questions and give some basic metrics on your progress.

I hope this helps

Pippa

Course Enquiries Team
Quint Jackson
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I really like Jodan Peterson's books, you can read his 12 rules. But it's best to start chronologically from ancient times, read the works of the classics of psychology and psychotherapy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (12)
6%
October 2021 (97)
48.5%
November 2021 (20)
10%
December 2021 (30)
15%
January 2021 (16)
8%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (20)
10%