Control variable: incubation time

Watch
zarahh09
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How do we control it?
Why do we need to control it?

Someone please helpppp
Purple43Monkey
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Use a stopwatch or a timer and incubate for the same length of time for all experiments. Do you have more details about what practical this is for? Presumably it's to help the results be valid and comparable.
zarahh09
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Purple43Monkey)
Use a stopwatch or a timer and incubate for the same length of time for all experiments. Do you have more details about what practical this is for? Presumably it's to help the results be valid and comparable.
Thank youu
Using aseptic teachnique to find out effect of antibiotic on bacteria

I feel like I am just saying for valid results for all the control variables
Purple43Monkey
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
:grin: yeah control variables are pretty repetitive -it's always 'fair testing' and all that!! Hopefully someone else might have another idea
Mariiiiam
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
i would normally say " incubate at a temperature of 25c for 24 hours " this way i included controlling both temp and time for the antibiotics im testing not sure if this applies for all exams but im doing biology A2 edexcel and this is what our teacher has told us
Purple43Monkey
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mariiiiam)
i would normally say " incubate at a temperature of 25c for 24 hours " this way i included controlling both temp and time for the antibiotics im testing not sure if this applies for all exams but im doing biology A2 edexcel and this is what our teacher has told us
I would agree - it's always best to give specific details (they don't have to be entirely accurate, just realistic and appropriate for whatever experiment you are doing) as sometimes mark schemes want you to state things such as a temperature and time
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.72%
Note taking apps (6)
2.46%
Flashcards (47)
19.26%
Revision guides (15)
6.15%
Past papers (115)
47.13%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.28%

Watched Threads