English Language & Linguistics Applicants thread 2022

Watch this thread
ellieemae
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hey i've applied for English Language & Linguistics at these unis and i was wondering if anyone else has too!
I have already received offers from all of them btw.

-University Of Leeds- English Language & Linguistics
-University Of Glasgow-English Language & Linguistics
-Lancaster University- English Language & Linguistics
-University Of Birmingham- English Language
-University Of Liverpool- English Language

It will be cool to speak with others who are also applying for the same courses as me!
joehall03
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
At last! Been searching for this post 😅 I’ve also applied for English Language at Birmingham. Have you had any offers yet?
ellieemae
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hey! Yeah I got my final offer on the 4th of November!! Would be great to chat about English! I can hardly find anyone else doing it
Last edited by 04MR17; 4 months ago
joehall03
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
I'm yet to receive an offer, my application was sent last Friday. How long did it take you to receive one? Im predicted ABB in Media Studies, English Language and English Literature. Typical offer AAB but yesterday I read in the prospectus that studying both language and literature makes you eligible for an offer of ABB - feel better now!
ellieemae
Rep:
(Original post by joehall03)
I'm yet to receive an offer, my application was sent last Friday. How long did it take you to receive one? Im predicted ABB in Media Studies, English Language and English Literature. Typical offer AAB but yesterday I read in the prospectus that studying both language and literature makes you eligible for an offer of ABB - feel better now!
Good luck!! I think it took them just over 2 weeks to respond but I applied early so I’m not sure about now. Where else did you apply?
joehall03
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by ellieemae)
Good luck!! I think it took them just over 2 weeks to respond but I applied early so I’m not sure about now. Where else did you apply?
University of Manchester, UCL, Manchester Metropolitan and Bangor.
ellieemae
Rep:
(Original post by joehall03)
University of Manchester, UCL, Manchester Metropolitan and Bangor.
Good luck!! I’m hardly on here so if u wanna talk more my insta is @ellie.s0s
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Hey i've applied for English Language & Linguistics at these unis and i was wondering if anyone else has too!

It will be cool to speak with others who are also applying for the same courses as me!
Hiya, thanks so much for setting up this thread - I've edited the thread title to make it the official applicants thread for this course.

Also just to let you know TSR doesn't allow advertising of facebook or whatsapp groups for the safety of all users. :fyi:
vertig_o
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 4 months ago

I've applied to:

University of Manchester - Linguistics
University of Edinburgh - Linguistics and English Language
University College London - Linguistics
London School of Economics and Political Science - BSc Language, Culture and Society
University of Cambridge - Linguistics
libertykaseyy
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Hey, I’ve applied to:
University of York - Offer
University of Sheffield - Offer
University of Edinburgh - Waiting
UCL - Waiting
University of Southampton - Waiting
All of my unis are English Language & Linguistics courses
CELTB19
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 months ago

Hello, I've started an application to Leeds Trinity university, University of Huddersfield and University of Leeds, but I did not started my personal statement, is it too late now or still have time?
I am struggling to write my personal statement , because currently I am studying business management as a foundation year at university of Cumbria and I want to transfer both uni and course. I found it difficult to explain my case, however, one of my strength is that I have studied one year of English language and linguistics in my home country before coming to the UK.
If you can suggest or advice anything for me I would be happy
Thank you
CELTB19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hello, I've started an application to Leeds Trinity university, University of Huddersfield and University of Leeds, but I did not started my personal statement, is it too late now or still have time?

I am struggling to write my personal statement , because currently I am studying business management as a foundation year at university of Cumbria and I want to transfer both uni and course. I found it difficult to explain my case, however, one of my strength is that I have studied one year of English language and linguistics in my home country before coming to the UK.

Thank you
ellieemae
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by CELTB19)
Thank you
I think the ucas deadline is 26th Jan?
CELTB19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I think the ucas deadline is 26th Jan?
Hello,
What if I apply after the 26th deadline, will my application be accepted?
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by CELTB19)
Hello,
What if I apply after the 26th deadline, will my application be accepted?
The university may consider your application after this date, but they don't HAVE to. So it's advisable to apply before 26th
t.iris
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by vertig_o)
I've applied to:

University of Manchester - Linguistics
University of Edinburgh - Linguistics and English Language
University College London - Linguistics
London School of Economics and Political Science - BSc Language, Culture and Society
University of Cambridge - Linguistics
ooohhh another cambridge applicant!! i also applied to cambridge ucl edi and lancaster for linguistics and another time to edi for classics and linguistics. there is a cambridge linguistics thread, we'd love to have you there too: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=7133998
ifr15
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by libertykaseyy)
Hey, I’ve applied to:
University of York - Offer
University of Sheffield - Offer
University of Edinburgh - Waiting
UCL - Waiting
University of Southampton - Waiting
All of my unis are English Language & Linguistics courses
Hey, I've also applied for English Language and Linguistics at Southampton! I'm still waiting and applied on 10th Dec, when did you apply?
libertykaseyy
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by ifr15)
Hey, I've also applied for English Language and Linguistics at Southampton! I'm still waiting and applied on 10th Dec, when did you apply?
I applied 20th October and I’m still waiting!
ifr15
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by libertykaseyy)
I applied 20th October and I’m still waiting!
Hey I just got my offer from Southampton - ABB!
CELTB19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hello All,

I have sent an application to Leeds trinity university , university of Leeds, university of Huddersfield, Manchester university and York St John university. Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back from these universities?

Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (26)
18.44%
The paper was reasonable (62)
43.97%
Not feeling great about that exam... (23)
16.31%
It was TERRIBLE (30)
21.28%

Watched Threads