Quitting part time job

Watch this thread
wellsey_
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Do you think future employers will find it bad if I quit my current part time job which I've been at for less than 2 months? My reason for wanting to quit is that no one bothers to make me feel included in the work environment, my colleagues dont seem to understand I do not have the same training as them and treat me like sh*t. I'm also stressed out with my a-levels (yr13).
Before this job I had a part-time job that I had for 8 months which I loved but the pay was poor.

If I quit and took some time off (planning till may-june latest) do you think employers will find this a red flag?
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by wellsey_)
Do you think future employers will find it bad if I quit my current part time job which I've been at for less than 2 months? My reason for wanting to quit is that no one bothers to make me feel included in the work environment, my colleagues dont seem to understand I do not have the same training as them and treat me like sh*t. I'm also stressed out with my a-levels (yr13).
Before this job I had a part-time job that I had for 8 months which I loved but the pay was poor.

If I quit and took some time off (planning till may-june latest) do you think employers will find this a red flag?
I dont think it will look bad.
Quite a few students have various part time jobs while they are at 6th form/college/uni.
At least you have had part time jobs, which you can gain skills and experience from.
Id stick it out for a bit longer. If you quit nearer to your exams, then as well as being there for a bit longer, you will have the excuse of leaving to concentrate on your exams.
wellsey_
Rep:
(Original post by Emma:-))
I dont think it will look bad.
Quite a few students have various part time jobs while they are at 6th form/college/uni.
At least you have had part time jobs, which you can gain skills and experience from.
Id stick it out for a bit longer. If you quit nearer to your exams, then as well as being there for a bit longer, you will have the excuse of leaving to concentrate on your exams.
Thanks Emma, I think I might stay until April so I will have been there for 6 months, I'm hoping that it may get better soon as well.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by wellsey_)
Thanks Emma, I think I might stay until April so I will have been there for 6 months, I'm hoping that it may get better soon as well.
Yeah, staying until april seems like a good plan.
You could always get a summer job/join an employment agency after your exams over the summer and get a part time job during uni or whatever you do after.
wellsey_
Rep:
(Original post by Emma:-))
Yeah, staying until april seems like a good plan.
You could always get a summer job/join an employment agency after your exams over the summer and get a part time job during uni or whatever you do after.
Thanks 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (34)
18.58%
The paper was reasonable (73)
39.89%
Not feeling great about that exam... (38)
20.77%
It was TERRIBLE (38)
20.77%

Watched Threads