What is the most pointless degree to do ?

Watch
Gilmore115
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Just curious cheers lol
Anon5422
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
medicine
lunariumxo
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anon5422)
medicine
bruh you don't want a doctor do you?
Itsmikeysfault
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Degrees Celsius and Farenheit seem pretty useless to me. Real ones measure temperature in Kevin.
lunariumxo
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
maybe ones with fashion and music unless you wanna teach it? like its better if you take an internship and just go into the industry asap rather then waste time doing it in uni
econhelp525
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Pointless, how? No degree is pointless because every degree is further education, which is why most people go on to university anyway, to get an education. Also the answer is Sociology.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Itsmikeysfault)
Degrees Celsius and Farenheit seem pretty useless to me. Real ones measure temperature in Kevin.
Or perhaps even Kelvin
Little pecker
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
All the social sciences
londonmyst
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Impossible to choose between:
Applied Imagination, Cities, Fire Engineering, Floral Design, Gender Studies, Sexual Health and Surf Science. :sigh:
Callicious
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by gjd800)
Or perhaps even Kelvin
prsom I got a real good chuckle from that one :lol:
heart2you
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
applied imagination?
gjd800
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Confused about the Fire Safety one - that looks extremely practical to me!
username5857626
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Classics and Gender studies.
CosmicApathy1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Tf is Applied imagination? They talk about problem finding and problem solving but that goes for most careers anyway. Who they tryna fool with that?
londonmyst
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by gjd800)
Confused about the Fire Safety one - that looks extremely practical to me!
The Fire & Leadership Studies degree is practical.
While most of the former students of the Fire Engineering course I've spoken to were angry and viewed it as an overhyped, utterly pointless waste of their time & money.
Last edited by londonmyst; 1 month ago
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
More bizarre are the people who’d chuck thousands of pounds on these courses
Flxmz
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Little pecker)
All the social sciences
Not Economics but I agree. All the social sciences.
lunariumxo
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
how are you paying 9k only to learn how to be imaginative or sre!?!
Flxmz
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Sociology, business studies, biology, greek anthology, gender studies and languages (e.g. Spanish or French) I can’t believe people actually study a language degree…
gjd800
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
The Fire & Leadership Studies degree is practical.
While most of the former students of the Fire Engineering course I've spoken too were angry and viewed it as an overhyped, utterly pointless waste of their time & money.
Sure, if you want to be a firefighter. But the other one is not about that, it's about fire protection etc for building projects and all that stuff.

Could be that it's just awfully taught or whatever but I think in principle (or maybe had it been taught elsewhere) it's a decent thing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
7.23%
October 2021 (221)
44.38%
November 2021 (59)
11.85%
December 2021 (64)
12.85%
January 2021 (60)
12.05%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (43)
8.63%